Thursday, October 7, 2010
What is a life worth?
We are ALL sons and daughters of God. No matter what path we may take, we are ALL important and have a purpose. Our children, siblings etc. should ALL know, no matter what that they are loved. The Savior taught and it still holds true today that we should love one another. We shouldn't pick which "one" deserves more love than another. We shouldn't withhold our love from "one" because of our own insecurities. I'm certainly not condoning loving someone so they can walk all over you and abuse you-but the Savior even taught us to love our enemies. Loving your enemies doesn't mean having to talk to them-you can still love someone by praying for them-thank goodness!
You may wonder where I'm coming from with all this love talk. Well, I can't be silent anymore about how Jared's life and death has affected me. When it comes to matters of the heart, I am usually very quiet because personal things are personal to me and I hold them very dear. The circumstances around Jared must be talked about. My heart cannot bear holding it in any longer. Jared may have died from ingesting pills and alcohol but that was just a means to an end. Jared died from extreme loneliness. He was the most loving person I have ever known yet people he so fully loved could not return it. You could say he was the "ugly duckling". Jared was gay and had always felt he was gay. Jared WAS different and people treated him as such but not in a good way. We cannot exclude people because of their differences-it is a matter of life and death! We must teach tolerance, acceptance and love. We don't have to agree or even approve but we must love and let people know they are loved! I am starting a new blog about all of this. I want to document my own and others feelings about all of this. I can't be silent and sit back anymore. I don't want to put Jared on a pedestal-his choice for taking his life was not the right choice but if I can find some sort of good from his passing then I will. If I can help someone else to see that their life is worth living, then I will. If I can help someone know that they are of value, then I will. If I can help someone from losing all hope, then I will. I'm putting together this new blog and I hope you join me in this journey of asking questions, speaking up, speaking out, and learning. Before another precious and lovely life is lost, we ALL must try and find the answers.
Labels:
Family,
Introspection
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Good for you. I think you are so amazing!
Awesome. So glad you are sharing. I have very strong feelings about tolerance as well. Peter said there was an amazing talk at conference in the priesthood session kind of about that. Anyway, good for you! Best wishes!
This is a great idea! I am so glad that you are taking your grief and Jared's life and turning it into a positive thing. I know it isn't always easy to put yourself out there but you never know who you may be helping/saving. I have ALOT to say on this subject. I am totally there with you sister!
(Shoot, I wrote a big long comment and lost it somehow...)
Love you, Liz.
Amen! I feel strongly about this, too, both for my brother who is gay but also anyone who is feeling alone and judged and abandoned. I've been thinking a lot about it this week (well, all the time but especially this week). Thanks for your honesty xo
i hope this whole journey helps you find some peace. it's a tough thing to make sense of, all of it, and i think it's great that you are making the effort. lots of love...
Love it. You are awesome. I am off to see your new blog!!
PS That is one of my favorite videos!!
I hope your new blog helps you feel comfort and peace and becomes a peace and comfort to countless others, too. I am off to go lurk on your new blog, now!
I love that you have turned something so hard into a way to learn and help other people. Thank you for staying positive and faithful!!!
Post a Comment