Tuesday, October 12, 2010

This response makes me happy

I published this response on my new blog too but I thought it was important enough to share here as well. I really appreciate the statement below (click link) from the Church. I hope this is read from every pulpit across the world. We don't have to agree but we cannot discriminate and/or intimidate-from either side. I really wish it weren't about taking sides either but for some I guess it always will be. Let it be and Love one another!

Church Responds to HRC Petition

4 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

i find the whole thing to be overwhelmingly confusing. i cannot reconcile my social and political beliefs with my religious beliefs, and i feel attempts to do either would betray what is deep in my heart. so how do you navigate that confusion? i think this statement was profound in clarity, at least for one who sits detached from the reality of it all. without having directly experienced the conflict myself, i can still grasp a portion of what you and others are feeling.

i need a good joke right now...

A-Kap said...

That response makes me happy too. The church has it goin' on. I just wish more people would read stuff like that so they would know there is more understanding than rejecting in the Gospel. However, loneliness is a very, very powerfully sad thing to deal with. I've been there and seen the darkness. There isn't anything good about it, really. It's very difficult to "see the light" in such deep, dark blackness. But is ALWAYS worth trying to help someone into the light, so thank you for your new blog. What a great idea!

Lauren in GA said...

I think it was a great response, too. The whole controversy took me by surprise.

Lauren in GA said...

I had to tell you that your comment on my latest post made me smile and laugh. I loved how you said that little John went from, "an oxy addict, to a boy behind bars to making a full recovery." My husband even laughed at that awesome comment!

CREATE