Today was the day-the first day of school. I wasn't as excited as some years. Like the
first year they were all in school, all day, every day. This year seemed bitter sweet to me. I feel like we're in the prime of our family time together and soon they will be starting their own lives and families. Don't get me wrong; I loved my quiet alone time today so I could catch up on all my TIVOed shows-I'm no dummy (no need to snicker). That may be the bitter but knowing that unknown adventures lie ahead for our family is sweet and exciting for me too. I welcome the fun, I welcome the heartache, I welcome the inspiration, I even welcome the drama. I can't wait to see what life brings to our family.

Hannah starting Junior High

Caleb starting High School

Solomon starting 3rd grade
WELCOME LIFE!!!
11 comments:
I am already missing the future person my 4 year-old is going to be. Life has a way of just running right into you when you aren't looking doesn't it?
Beautiful pix! On the topbar too! Enjoy your "me" time. Enjoy. I know I will, when I get there!
Next year I will have a child in each school, too. I will have a Freshman in high school, a 6th grader in middle and a 2nd grader in the elementary school. (and the baby at home) It seems amazing to me.
Enjoy your time!
Well said, my friend. Great pictures of your kiddos!
Oh wow...LOVE those pics. Sully is absolutely priceless. Love that boy. And Caleb's is so very Caleb. Love it. I also love your positive "welcomes" along with the bittersweetness. It truly is a bittersweet time.
First week down. Hope it went well! :) Great shots of your kids.
Hey Liz thanks for commenting on my blog. You have a beautiful family. It is so much fun to catch up on everyone by reading blogs, I hope you're okay that I add you to my list so we can keep up...Matt will love it too!!!
The first day of school is the greatest day ever!
All the kiddies look great!
Wow. Your kids are growing up! High school. How's that going?
So glad you read and liked Zippy! My copy is totally trashed. I love it so much.
And what a wonderful life worth living. I can't believe you have a child at each school!
What beautiful children you have Liz. Enjoy them, as you already know time goes by so fast.
Julie
Post a Comment