It was a cold and rainy Fall day...
| Do I have too? |
| Mile 14 |
| Sooo thirsty |
| On the road again... |
| Mile 20 |
| Sexy calves! |
| Mile 23 |
| Will he make it? |
| YES! Home stretch... |
| Finish line in sight! |
| YEAH!!! |
| "I'm NEVER doing that again!" Marathon...check! |
| Do I have too? |
| Mile 14 |
| Sooo thirsty |
| On the road again... |
| Mile 20 |
| Sexy calves! |
| Mile 23 |
| Will he make it? |
| YES! Home stretch... |
| Finish line in sight! |
| YEAH!!! |
| "I'm NEVER doing that again!" Marathon...check! |
8 comments:
Sometimes I think I'd like to run a marathon before I die, but then I remember it is 26.2 miles and think..."ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!" He might be crazy, but he is also amazing!
Wow. What an accomplishment!!! That is awesome! :)
Very, very, very impressive! I know you were fantastic support for him.
Did you yell to him about his calves?
My heart started beating a little faster when I saw the title of this post. It made me a little emotional...there is nothing like running a marathon and crossing that finish line. Way to go Matt! And way to go supportive spouse!
Thanks for the kind words! I had the best pit crew any runner ever had, and I would not have made it without her popping up on the course from time to time with a kiss, a smile, and a bottle of water. Thank-you Elizabeth, I love you!
As difficult as it was...you will NEVER forget it. Running the NYC marathon is one of my very favorite memories of my entire life. I think you will both remember it fondly -- while also never forgetting the pain.........oh the pain.........
Late on the update here - but hoooorah for Matt!
Oh, I can relate. That's how I felt after my first and only marathon!
Calibosmom, I just recently joined BlogFrog (although I'm not new to blogging) and am following you. I am building a community of wives who enjoy being married. I learned early into my marriage 8 years ago that so many have a jaded view about marriage and surrounding myself with likeminded wives was such a gift from God. Anyhow, I'd love for you to join us. http://www.happywivesclub.com/community.
Make it a fantastic day!
Fawn
Post a Comment