Tuesday, May 24, 2011

How To: Commiserate With Vermin

I shoot squirrels. 
 I have no remorse when I make "a hit" either. 
They are dirty, rotten, bird seed stealing, hole digging, mess making vermin.  

This was my latest target.  See it hiding behind my herbs? Shady little s*%@!!! 

See the block of bird seed above it?  It will be devoured within a day.  It's brain does not tell it's stomach it is full.  It just eats and eats and eats until nothing is left but crumbs and its poop.  This squirrel was checkin' me out.  It knows I will come after it so it watches for me.  One day, I think she had had enough-she brought out the big guns...



She's a nursing mother.
I've been there mama and I remember the pain.
I'll turn a blind eye for now but you'd better keep your babies away
from my feeder because the BB gun is still by the back door.

7 comments:

loony said...

I share your hatred for the vermints. They also like to eat chocolate... the good stuff. I'll come use the bb gun for you :)

Christie said...

You are my hero. I'd be scared of a squirrel who dared to stare me down.

Lauren in GA said...

I have to compliment you on your photography. It is incredible!!

Way to show compassion for the nursing mama.

I laughed when I read that you call it a, "hit".

Suzanne said...

I'm with Christie. I think I'd be scared of it. Good luck getting rid of it, sounds like a pain in the neck! Defend your domain! Don't let it get to the chocolate. =)

jessica said...

We have two bb guns...one is even a Red Rider! The other one is a pistol looking one. We use them to hit the cats that poop in our yard or go at it on our roof. Oh how I love you...we were certainly separated at birth.

Benson Family said...

Do you hire out for chipmunks too? I
Could use your talents.

Julie said...

Ok. First I have to say yee-haw for Milli Vanilli! I thought I was the only one who still love them - whoever they are! =)

I can't stand a critter either. I probably woulda shot before I discovered her nursing-ness.

CREATE