Flotsam describes goods that are floating on the water without having been thrown in deliberately, often after a shipwreck, while
Jetsam has been voluntarily cast into the sea jettisoned by the crew of a ship, usually in order to lighten it in an emergency.
I have some flotsam and jetsam of my own that is swimming around here.
Flotsam:
A sentence starter from Matthew yesterday..."Ok, I'm not gay or anything but..."
Don't ask, I'm not going to tell you what he actually said at the end of that sentence but I appreciated his disclaimer.
Why didn't we buy a new piano ages ago? Caleb is actually playing before school, after school, and before bed-all without being asked. Its amazing how cool your songs sound on a perfectly tuned, brand spanking new digital piano.
Never ever run a teacher luncheon and help with a school spaghetti supper on the same day. You will never take a break, drink too much Diet Coke (if there is such a thing), and not stop moving or driving all day. Whew! Lesson learned.
Jetsam:
I have a bad parenting confession: I paid my daughter $5 to go up stairs and watch a movie so Matthew and I could be alone. I know, I'm screwed.
Another confession: I sent Solomon out the door this morning with his shoes untied. Sink or swim time. He'll either figure it out or sucker some teacher into doing it for him.
I probably paid too much for the perfect black pencil skirt I found today but it was a SIZE 4 and it actually fit so I would have paid double since it made me so happy.
What's your flotsam and jetsam today?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
this was clever. i'd love to contribute mine, but i've just spend 2 1/2 hours doing online coursework. i got nothin left. that's my flotsam AND my jetsam i guess.
how good is your pianist? post a video!! i'd love to hear.
Size FOUR!!!! You go girl!
My Flotsam...helping out in Eden's classroom and tutoring 2 students all in the same day...
My Jetsam...buying a mac and going totally over budget so now everything I buy that has to do with me...like new deodorant and eye liner makes me feel guilty.
Oh and I found your birthday wish yesterday...thanks for making my day!
Happy belated Birthday!
This is a great idea, but I think if I got started, I'd never stop and that paper isn't going to write itself. I know, I've been tapping my heels together for weeks now and nothing.
Size 4? Did you buy 10?
Such a clever post, Liz.
Flotsam: sadness over our ward splitting and missing my old ward family, terribly.
Jetsam: making my 10 year old cry because I lost my temper with him.
A size 4!! That is totally AWESOME.
I am a size four...on one leg ;)
Oh my goodness, I am watching Annie and in the scene where Mrs. HAnigan is seducing Mr. Bundles ( in the beginning of the movie,) she makes a comment about flotsam and jetsam. Crazy!!! So of course, I thought of you. ;)
Nic
Post a Comment