I've got some bragging to do...
Caleb has been running cross country and he is doing really well! In Junior High he kind of just puttered a long but now he is in High school and has a great coach that really pushes him. The last meet in our town, his time was 21:58 and I told him if he took a minute off his time, I would buy him the video game he wanted. So he practiced really hard, he wrote the game on his hands before the race to motivate himself and he RAN!!! Here are some pictures from the meet...
Team huddle
That's my boy (shorts pulled up high as usual-gotta love him!)
The wind in his hair...
A sprint to the finish-look at the determination!
The look of victory
I made him a special victory time cake
Caleb ended up taking 1 minute 18 seconds off his time and came in 19th out of over 60 high school runners. He did amazing! He is only a freshman and I think he'll go far if he keeps it up. Seeing him really push himself brought tears to my eyes! Where is he now? Playing his game of course and happy as can be!

9 comments:
that is so AWESOME! way to motivate, and way to work it. you're a great mom, liz. i love it.
ROCK ON CALEB!!!!! That is awesome. Good job with the motivational tactics mom. He is sure to rock the high school running world....
Where is your header pic taken? Way cool photo. You da bomb.
YAYYYY! Caleb you are AMAZING - way to go sweets!! got a little misty myself reading this post. Loving the chi-town pics btw.
Go Caleb! Love the Chariots of Fire music, too. Great tie-in!!
Go CALEB! Awesome job!!! I love the cake (and the new header photo, btw...)
Whoa!!!!! He shaved off 1 minute and 18 seconds!!! That is AMAZING!! Way to go, CALEB!!!
Love the wind in his hair pic!!
I love your new header, Liz!
Uh, do you prefer I don't say your name?
Oh, I don't mind. LIZ LIZ LIZ!!!
That is sooooo AWESOME! I love those proud mom moments!
Post a Comment