Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Seminary, a Sprained ankle, & Sleep (or lack therof)

We're not very graceful Seminary parents. Matthew thinks Seminary was created by teens eager to get their drivers license. As soon as Caleb turns 16, he's on his own that's for sure. We are not early risers around here so the adjustment is not going well. We are however in full support of him going because we know what a blessing it is and if it helps get him into BYU we're all for it. Not that we're huge BYU fans or anything but we are huge fans of cheap tuition and an amazing education. GO COUGARS! Roar!
Now to soccer...Jessica & Lauren, I am the one playing soccer. I know, can you believe it? Its been ten years since I played. I emailed some friends and neighbors and we got a team together. I was not fully prepared for the beating I took-especially the sprained ankle. My ankle rolled and I heard a very loud cracking sound and knew right away what I did. However, I continued to play because it did not hurt-I'm sure because I was FULL of Excedrin. I'm such a moron! I got home, the Excedrin wore off, my ankle swelled up but there is no way I'm not playing next week. Lots of ice and a good tape up job should do the trick-we'll see!
I think I have finally caught up on my sleep. I haven't had a restful sleep in months, maybe a year but last night a Mack truck could have driven through my bedroom and I wouldn't have heard it. Ahhh...thank you Excedrin PM! Is there an Excedrin users Anonymous?

7 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

i feel the same way you do about BYU, early mornings, and teens driving themselves place.

WOOT WOOT!

diane said...

After 12 years, we are officially done with early morning seminary...not like I ever got up. My husband was in charge of morning parenting and I covered the night shift.

I can't believe you played through the pain. You are a rock star.

Annie said...

Commiserating with you on the early morning seminary thing. I'm counting down until Lauren gets her license (finally) next month.
I need to get myself some Excedrin pm.

katie g. said...

my biggest fear is that in four years, we'll finally be done with seminary and then I'll get called to be the teacher - AAUUGGHHH!! Oh man, sorry about your ankle :(

Lauren in GA said...

My oldest starts Seminary next year but luckily for me my husband is teaching Seminary. Yeah, see you guys...don't make too much noise on your way out!

That is so awesome that YOU are the soccer player. I love it! You are amazing that you played through the pain, like that. As soon as I heard the crack I would have been like, "My work is done here...have a good game". Diane is right. You are a rock star!

jessica said...

I love that you are playing soccer! I wish I could play with you...there are some coed teams here but I'm not a fan of those.

Sorry about the ankle, but yay for excedrin!

We have...wait for it...RELEASE TIME!!!!! I'm not sure how my kids would be able to do it otherwise. I could barely handle 8:15am piano lessons!

Jake said...

Early morning seminary is really awesome! I have a huge testimony of the whole thing...but am SOOO glad I don't have to deal with the alarm clock this year.

Hope you heal up quick!

CREATE