Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A plug for Portland ME

The kids and I headed North to Portland Maine for the day last week. It's such a cool city. First we stopped to see Eartha, the world's largest rotating globe.

Next, we went to the Portland Observatory. It's now a museum but in it's day, it was a maritime watch tower. Captain Lemuel Moody spotted incoming ships three times a day. A beautiful place to really see Portland.

The view...

To round out the day, we went to a Seadogs game. The Seadogs are the official farm team for the Red Sox. Sweet! Not only did we get free tickets to the game but while there, we were picked out of the crowd as the D'Angelo winners and won 4 more tickets to another game and we were on the jumbo tron screen.

What a great day!!! So, if you're ever in Maine, go to Portland. There is so much to do and see but it's not overwhelming. Plus, if you love shopping, Freeport is just up the road and it is home to L.L. Bean and lots of outlet shopping.
So far we are having a fantastic summer. Next week, San Diego...KA-CHING!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that on the jumbo tron you are taking a picture :) So blogger of you!

Looks like a fun town! have a great time in SD (my home town) You must do Hodads Burgers in Ocean Beach for lunch one day. Best hamburgers EVER!

jessica said...

What a fun day! I totally love you taking a picture on the jumbo tron too...I'm jealous of all the fun places you get to see and take your kids to. Have a great time in San Diego! You will be so close but still so far away...you really need to plan a trip up here. I promise to show you a good time!

Benson Family said...

Love, Love, Love portland! Tom and I take the kids up there every Spring break....just for fun...we stay in the Holiday inn got to a hockey game and then check out the Children's museum....(which is soo cool for those of you reading). and we LOVE the sea dogs...such a great way to see a game that is totally family friendly!

Linsey said...

My one visit to Maine was not to Portland. But I have added it to the list of places not to miss after what appears to have been a great visit by you and yours.

Lauren in GA said...

That is totally awesome that you are on the jumbo tron!!! Did you realize and that is a picture of you taking a picture of the jumbo tron itself while you were on screen? How fun!!

Portland Maine looks like a lovely place to visit!

Lauren in GA said...

By the way...I LOVE that picture of your sunkissed daughter on your sidebar.

CREATE