So this is what I've been up to lately. Assistant coaching my daughter's softball team. It's fun, it's stressful, it's a distraction from my usual stress, its hilarious, its boring, it's a lot of things but mostly its a great time. We have some great players, some ok players and some not so great players-I just love seeing girls out there doing their best and having a good time. Our team mostly plays just because they like having fun with their friends and they like putting black goo on their cheeks for the games.
One interesting aspect of this whole coaching experience has not been dealing with the girls themselves but the parents (some of the parents). Food for thought: Just because your child asks for something (to play in a certain position), doesn't mean you as their parent has to tell(complain to) the coach about it. One-it teaches your child that they get whatever the hell they want whenever they ask. Two-it teaches your child not to speak up for him or herself. Three-it's annoying!
I'm all for being an advocate for your child but my goodness, pick your battles for IMPORTANT things like education etc NOT a rec league softball team. Any who, off my soapbox.
The weather has been great around these parts and two of my friends have had their babies. One had twin boys and the other also had a boy. I LOVE it when my friends have babies. Congrats friends!!! Knock it out of the park!!!

9 comments:
Love softball/baseball, love coaching, hate obnoxious parents and hate ridiculous, hard core coaches that forget that it's for the love of the game.
Cute blog and great song!
Bless your heart. I am so thankful to my kids' coaches because I am athletically challenged.
Out of all the ball games we've attended this season, I have to say, girl's softball is far and away my favorite. The girls are so cute and GOOD!
I know your friend with twin babies is happy to have a buddy like you. The best thing about newborn twins is that they are perfect for sharing! One for each of you to hold. My eyes are tearing up just thinking about it!!
amen sister--what is wrong with some parents?
Glad you are having fun (minus the annoying parents) coaching the girls!
PS This is not Zach but his mom UTMOMof5 I am on his computer:)
Nice Job Liz!!! I remember coaching age group swimming. and yes Parents are stressful. They are still stressful at the College level...believe it or not. Crazy! Love you! keep up the great work! I look up to you.
You are awesome. I love that you get right out there and coach. I have never done that. Parents complaining intimidates me. My husband coached soccer earlier this fall and some parents just don't have boundaries.
I love the pictures and the new header.
That little rattler of yours a baller or just likes the face paint?
Paint first then baller
I'm holding Anders as I type because he was a bit fussy and not hungry...probly gas.... ANYWAY -- there is nothing more annoying for a coach than the parents. Talk to Jim about that one...he has some stories from his basketball coaching days. I can not WAIT for you to hold one of these babes! They are so dang adorable it is just killing me!! Even between midnight and 4am of constant feedings last night, I was in twin heaven....We'll see how long THAT lovin' lasts!!!!!
Great photos. Without even seeing a face, you capture the feeling of a fierce determination to have fun.
You (or Matt or whoever took these shots) have a great eye. You get the award for the best looking blog of anyone I follow.
Post a Comment