Saturday, January 2, 2010

Cookies of Fortune


In our family, we've made it a tradition to eat Chinese Food on or around New Years Day. After taking the kids to Sherlock Holmes last night we headed to our favorite Chinese restaurant and ordered the usual fair. The best part of the meal is of course, the eating and reading of the fortune cookies. This year I decided to keep every ones fortune and see how they play out through the year. This is all in fun of course but I thought that each persons fortune fit them well. We shall see...

Matthew: "Happiness begins with facing life with a smile and a wink"

Caleb: "Now is the time to try something new"

Hannah: "People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care."

Solomon: "Adversity reveals genius, prosperity conceals it."

Me: "He who climbs a ladder must begin at the first step."

On Monday we'll sit down after dinner and go over our individual and family goals from last year. We'll talk it over to see how we did and then make some new goals for 2010. Sometimes we achieve our goals and sometimes we don't-it's the attempt that counts. I think its that "first step" mentality. How do you make and achieve your goals?

6 comments:

jessica said...

This is the first year that we made goals as a family. The girls each made two and Aric and I had three each. I printed each person's goals and put them by their beds where we can see them everyday. We'll see how it goes...

As far as your comment about my fit-ness...well you are too kind. I eat whatever I want, I just watch portions and I make sure to exercise as often as I can. Sometimes it's four times a week sometimes it's one. I just try to keep moving. Having Camden keeps me moving more than normal for sure!

jessica said...

I realize that "eating whatever I want" sounds like I eat whatever I see...which is not true. I do eat healthy, but if I want some fries I eat them, just not every day.

Okay now I can move on...we are putting up a new tile backsplash over our new granite countertops...don't worry I'll post about them soon!

diane said...

The best resolution I ever made was 10 years ago. I resolved to never dust again. I've kept that one.

Lauren in GA said...

I am a big failure at keeping resolutions. I like what Jessica said about posting them by everyone's bed, though.

Happy New Year!

Jake said...

Loved your Christmas card, Liz! The letter was so sweet and truly made me stop and think. I plan on sharing with my seminary class, if that's ok.

Happy Happy 2010.

Amber said...

Not great about keeping resolutions but have set a lot of little goals like celebrating every day life more. I started a private blog documenting a picture a day from our life and we've been eating in our dining room with fancy china every Sunday. It's the little things!

CREATE