Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Luckiest



Today celebrates 17 years together. It has been the best ride of my life. Up, down, upside down, thrilling, vomit inducing, crazy, blissful, exciting, boring, you name the feeling on a ride and that has been our marriage. I have to be honest, I haven't always thought Matthew was my soul mate. I have questioned my choice often but ask me now and without hesitation I'll shout from the top of the highest mountain, "Matthew is my one and only". I love that I get to spend the rest of my life and eternity with this very cool, "little bit crazy" guy.
Happy Anniversary to us. We are the luckiest.

11 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary!! Not many people can say that they are the luckiest. I love how honest and open you are. You make a great couple.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you!!!

You guys look like you are about 13 years old in your wedding picture! :)

jessica said...

Yay for you guys! Do celebrate and celebrate well! I love your wedding picture...you guys are so cute!

Oh and I love Ben Folds and I love this song!

Thursday14 said...

Congratulations! Seventeen years...wow. You certainly look cute in your wedding picture but isn't it cool that you both look even better today?!

the wrath of khandrea said...

i read this post in my google reader, and before i even clicked over here, i knew you would have that ben folds song playing. is it weird that i could figure that out? do i know you like that? i think it's cool.
congrats on hanging in there, loving each other, and making it work. good stuff.

Pedaling said...

so many december anniversaries.

congratulations!

being married is such a blessing!

diane said...

Oh happy day. It is good to have someone to ride the roller coaster with. Enjoy the ride.

katie g. said...

Thanks for bringing me another brother - one that's nice to me :) Happy Anniversary! Love you both

Jana said...

Nothing like a December wedding - right in between semesters, right? Happy Belated Anniversary!

I don't comment very often, but I do enjoy your blog, your perspective, your wisdom, and your sense of humor when I do come around. I find myself relating to much of what you say. I'm glad you are a blogger.

Happy New Year!

Emily said...

Wow guys 17 years, that is quite an accomplishment! Ahh to be young again and skinny again (I'm talking about us over here)Have fun!

Linsey said...

Happy 17 years to you! San Antonio is great, really. There is lots to do regardless of how you like to vacation. If you want to go the, "we wish our kids were here route," there is Ripley's Believe it or Not, a wax museum and Six Flags. You can take the "we're so cultured" approach and walk the river walk, visit the Alamo and other historic sites, and indulge in the lunch buffet at the Menger. Or some combination of that with a visit to Natural Bridge and even a day trip to Austin to take in the sites there. It is definitely a good place for a getaway and even in the dead of winter still not prohibitively cold. It is hot in the summer though, so I'd recommend Fall or Spring if possible. My Mom is from Texas and my parents met in college in San Antonio so I've been there several times. I am never disappointed.

CREATE