

I can't believe I forgot to post about this yesterday. The best rush from this past year was on my Vegas trip with my mom and sisters. We decided to do "something crazy" so we went on the Manhattan Express roller coaster together. Now I've been on better coasters but to go with my sisters and my 73 year old mom was unforgettable. First of all, just the deciding if we should spend the money to go, then trying to find our way to the coaster itself-they make you walk through all of New York New York just to get there, then making sure all of our stuff was securely locked away, then convincing my mom she would be safe and it would be SO MUCH FUN. Well, it was fun, mostly to hear my sisters scream. My mom did not scream. She was so freaked out but acted very brave. When we got off the ride, I noticed her ear was bleeding and she said she was so nervous her head bobbled back and forth and her earring stabbed her in the head. Oh my goodness, it was so sad but hilarious. What a very funny and memorable rush.
Gwen Bell Best of '09 Challenge

3 comments:
Sad about being assaulted by her own earring...but the rest is really cool.
I didn't know about that coaster. It looks really cool. That Statue of Liberty looks practically built to scale.
Oh I HATE roller coasters! I still have nightmares of the last ride I took... Your poor mom. Seriously that is crazy that she got stabbed by her earring!
It does look like a rush though...
HAHAHAHAHA! I think I peed myself a little bit remembering that. Mom was truly cool. Please tell me I'll still go on roller coasters at 73 (sans earrings)
Post a Comment