Sunday, December 13, 2009

Just a Best Improvement '09







The absolute best change I made to my surroundings was the new wood flooring. It made me love my home again. Sure it would have been great to bring in some top professional flooring installer and pay through the nose for a perfect floor; but bringing in two hard working friends and knocking it out ourselves AND saving $$ felt even better. From beginning to end, it took a couple weeks to get it all done, our house was a shambles and we ate a lot of pizza but it was worth it! It was also wonderful busy work and kept my mind off things I really didn't want to think about. What a release to whack that nail gun and saw those boards in half. ARRRG! Yes, that is a picture of my butt. Matthew is constantly taking pictures of it so I might as well post it since he thinks it is so worthy of being captured. A word of warning, when you come over and take off your shoes(a must in our home), be ready for some super slippery sliding on the new floor.
Gwen Bell Best of '09 Challenge

8 comments:

Amber said...

Sigh. I loooove wood flooring. Definitely worth all the effort!

A-Kap said...

Oh wow. I gotta git maself over there and check out the gorgeousness...and do some slippin' and slidin'.... GREAT JOB! What a great feeling to have done it yourself. Nice.

diane said...

Your floors and butt look amazing.

the wrath of khandrea said...

wow. you are seriously impressive. very resourceful, talented, AND a great ass.

rock on.

Lauren in GA said...

Those floors are so beautiful. Your rear end ain't so bad itself, sista!!

I love that you did it yourself. So amazing! I am too lazy to improve my home...but you are inspiring me.

jessica said...

lovin' your butt and the floors but what I love even more is that you did it! It's so past creepy how much we are alike...

Prof. Willard Winquind said...

Lizzie,
Thats some pro work on those floors, you have a great little fallback profession. Proud your my sister.

Linsey said...

Can I just say ditto to Diane's comment?

CREATE