Thursday, December 3, 2009

Best Article '09

Again, I have two "Bests" in this category. Maybe I just don't want to commit myself wholeheartedly to one thing (except my husband). I wonder if he'll care being referred to as a thing? Anyway, my first best article is from Prevention Magazine and I picked it because I think about it often especially when I am just grabbing random items at the grocery store. This article has stuck in my mind and makes me stop and think about what I am feeding my family. The article is 7 Foods That Should Never Cross Your Lips. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not an all organic nut job (no offence organic nut jobs), but that's why I like this article-it's a guideline about what foods we really should avoid if we can. I have found that when I do buy the items listed in the article, they get eaten because they usually cost a little bit more so I don't want them to go to waste.
The second article is from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints General Conference in October. I used this to help teach a lesson to the Young Women in my ward and I think about it often. Service is a big part of my life and I try to live with service in my heart every day. It is by President Thomas S Monson titled, "What Have I Done For Someone Today?"

If you didn't know, I am participating in Gwen Bell's Best of '09

3 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

i try to eat pretty healthy, but i dont' think i could follow that 7 things list. have you done it?

jessica said...

Thanks for the articles...from this day forward, only organic potatoes and apples for me and mine!

And I am totally using that talk in my Christmas lesson...

Lauren in GA said...

I love that you are sensitive to the feelings of any, "organic nut jobs" reading. ☺

I am off to read the Thomas S. Monson article.

CREATE