Sunday, October 18, 2009

Roller Derby Days

 
Posted by Picasa

My life feels a bit like a roller derby at the moment. One second I am getting slammed on all sides and then suddenly make a sweet break away and score a few points for the team. Here comes Swine Flu Sally on my left...SLAM! Here comes Nor'easter Nora on my right...SLAM! Here comes Family Drama Donna...SLAM! But wait, here comes my teammate, Muscleman Matty to push the opposition outta my way; doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms as he whips me past Debbie Depression. The bumps and bruises will come but at least I have my knee pads and helmet to take the brunt of the difficult blows.
Side note: Yes, I did wear my daughters bike helmet to this movie. Life can stink but I can still have some fun.

11 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

oh no you DITINT.

AND you took a picture.

you rock.

Prof. Willard Winquind said...

How is Drews new movie? Chick flick only?

Lauren in GA said...

Lady, that is the coolest picture ever. You look so cute. I love your sneaks, too.

Sorry you have been getting slammed. This was a very clever post and I love how you called your husband your teammate. I am sure he liked being called Muscleman Matty.

diane said...

Down and derby baby. You are cute and clever. A great combination.

Annie said...

Awesome. See you in two days--don't let any of those derby chicks keep you away! :)

Christie said...

Feel a bit beat up myself. I like your style and sense of humor through it all.

Benson Family said...

I love you, I love you, I love you!!!!
'nuf said.

jessica said...

Thanks for expressing EXACTLY how I feel right now! I can't wait to see this movie! I love that you wore that helmet, I totally would have worn one too!

Mommo said...

I love your funny way of expressing frustration. I wish for things to get better quick. A sense of humor helps so much and wearing that helmet is definitely showing your sense of humor. You crack me up!

tiburon said...

I thought the movie was cute.

It would have been better had I brought a helmet!

A-Kap said...

Dang funny girl. And oh so clevah! We sure missed you on Friday night! You're a trooper for letting Matt fly solo though...thanks for sharing him! I hope all gets better SOON. Enough is enough already!

CREATE