
I'm sorry Twilight lovers. I tried, I really tried. I finally decided to read Twilight because my 13 year old son told me I had to. I must admit, I tried reading it once before and just couldn't get into it but I was determined to try again and appease my teen. I am actually in the thick of it but I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT ANY LONGER! I realize I may lose friends over this post but so be it, I have to get this off my chest. I'm sure Stephanie Myer is a lovely person but her writing is HORRIBLE!!! I can't take anymore dialogue between Edward and what's her face-I already forgot her name, I am so annoyed with them! Blah blah blah, just bite her and get it over with. I can't stand it when a 17 year old (even a 100 year old vampire pretending to be 17)acts like a 30 year old and that's not even how a 30 year old would act. Well, maybe some do. Who talks like that? I think Stephanie lovingly used every adverb in the dictionary. I know, I know it's fiction and we're suppose to play along but the book could have been half the size and it would have been a much better story. Some things are better left unsaid-just get to the good stuff. Anyway, I hope we can still be friends Twilight lovers. I won't think less of you if you won't think less of me. I feel Edwards lonely pain...It's just not my cup o'blood...
P.S. Now I need a new book to read

16 comments:
I am so with you on this! Our bookclub read this quite a while ago. I read it but definitely did not want to read the others. I just didn't care for it. I don't see what all the hub-bub is about. My daughter (12 1/2) loves them. I watched the movie with her, thinking maybe I would
"get more into it". Don't do it. The movie is just as bad.
Hallelujah. I thought I was the only one. I'm so delighted for her success, but the writing is painful.
Well if there has to be ONE thing that seperates us, I'm okay with it. I'm not a crazy fan of Twilight but I did enjoy the series. I still love you.
i totally agree! i read all of them and they just got worse and worse! be happy you only read the one!!
i won't even touch the stuff. i have less than zero interest in it. plus, i despise hysteria. people waiting in lines for tickets, for book releases... it's ridiculous. it makes me want to hate whatever it is even more.
wow. that felt good.
did you see joel mchale yet? the soup is one of the only shows i watch on tv. it's hilarious. the guy kills me.
I will still like you for not liking my boyfriend Edward.
And, as far as books to read - have you read any of Philipa Gregory's on the Henry VIII timeperiod? Start with the Constant Princess. LOVE them. They're absolutely fantastic.
Thank goodness you feel the same...Rachel has tried for months to get me to read the series. I tried when it first came out and could not get past chapter three. Then after viewing the movie with my 13 year old I thought I would give it a try again but no go...her writing is awful and if I had to read another paragraph about a mopie teenager I would have to commit myself!
Cup o' blood? Sigh. And here I thought we would have been great friends. :-)
you clearly don't like cookies for dinner. The writing is totally bad for you, but sickeningly delicious. No not even cookies, they're even too substantial - more like cool-whip. I just finished "These is my words" - loved it! "I capture the castle" was fun too. Did you read "Pillars of the Earth"? GREAT book!
You crack me up, "what's her face"...not your "cup o'blood". I love your humor...even though we have to break up, now...
heh, heh, heh...
**a Sigh of Relief*** I have been told for SOOO long that I need to read this series...I have less than zero interest...Talk to you soon.
I know how you feel. I did enjoy the first two in the series...but the hype has just totally overshot the whole thing.
Check out The Historian if you want a good read with some vampire. It is far far better for grown ups.
Lets make out.
For real.
Did you read the Hunger Games? Well, what I should ask is, what are a few of your favorite books? Then I'll have a better idea of what to recommend.
The Samurai's Garden (sp?)
The Poisonwood Bible
Peace Like a River
Yeah, I'll hold off til I know what you're in to:)
Read "The Book Thief"
You can thank me later. And believe me, you will.
Post a Comment