Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It's the little things...

It's been a harsh month. The weather hasn't helped. Tonight at dinner we decided to play "Name 2 good things and 1 bad".
Little things like this help.
My two good things
1-We got tickets to Joel McHale
2-I bought a new table for the living room.
My bad thing 1-the weather sucks!

To make things a little more interesting, I decided to copy Annie and have the kids do Summer Bingo. Little things like this also help. Today, just for fun we bought Fireworks and cannoli's. What could be better than giant sparklers and a sweet treat? It's the little things...

I've also been keeping busy with "little projects" like this. My new floor makes me very very happy. I'm trying to be positive but I think I've got a bit of the depression bug. I called my sister and I decided to take the kids here. I just need to get away for a bit and this should do wonders. It's the little things...

12 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh it will do great things... It will. . . but I hate to tell you, that floor will be a BEAR to keep clean! :)

jessica said...

Joel McHale...really...do you have to rub it in that you get to do all the cool stuff I don't get to do?!

Well my sweet, sweet, blogger twin, I wish I lived closer. I would come over, we would curl up on your cute couches and I would let you cry on my shoulder. We would watch a bunch of recorded Talk Soup and eat lots of treats. Then we would go for a run to make ourselves not feel so fat. Then I would tell you about all of my crazy adventures. But I can't and it sucks. You have been on my mind so much. I will praying for you. Keep finding the little things and remember that "this too shall pass". I love you Liz, I really do.

jessica said...

Oh and how did I forget to mention your FREAKING AWESOME floors!!!! Lidsey's got babies, your kids are older...just get a swiffer wet jet, it's not that bad.

diane said...

Are you really laying your own wood floors? I am impressed! That is awesome. I second the fact that you will love that floor.

Getting away is good for what ails you. I'm sorry you are hurting. Hang in there. Sending cyber hugs.

Christie said...

Way to look for the silver lining. Watching the NE weather this year, I can hardly blame you for being down. Hang in there, and go south to get some sunshine!

Anonymous said...

Have funn getting some sunshine! That always seems to help me. Love the new floor!

A-Kap said...

I think everyone living where we live has "a bit of the depression bug". I haven't been this down in a really long time -- and I have absolutely no reason to be down. This weather just really, really, really, really STINKS. I have been thinking about you SO MUCH -- this weather sure can't help what you are going through. I feel helplessly unable to do anything for you...but just know that I'm thinking of you and your family! Have a BLAST in Florida!!

Benson Family said...

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!

Lauren in GA said...

I am so sorry about the depression bug. I truly, truly, truly am.

Hot diggity dawg. Those floors are gonna be suh-weet!

Amber said...

Sometimes a getaway is all you need. Hopefully it will be the cure you need.

Heat makes me moody so guess who's moody all summer? The only cure for me is fall.

katie g. said...

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I can't wait!!!!(bring pics of the floors)

LindaO said...

I'm totally impressed that you are laying your own wood floors!

CREATE