Monday, April 27, 2009

Spring Break=Cheap Labor

Bedrooms cleaned & vacuumed-check
Bathrooms cleaned-check
Easter stuff put away (including all eggs emptied of nasty jelly beans)-check
toys picked up & put away-check
everything off stairs-check
kitchen cleaned & vacuumed-check
laundry started-check

I LOVE Spring Break! I may work 'em hard but I'll make sure they play hard too. Tomorrow I'm taking them on our annual Spring Break trip to Lincoln NH for an overnight hotel swim & stay up late with mom. They have already decided who gets to open the room door with the card key, who gets to push the elevator buttons and who gets to open the pool door with the card key. Oh, to be a kid again and find joy in the little things...HAPPY SPRING BREAK!

7 comments:

jessica said...

I like to think of it as teaching life skills. At least you are paying them with a fun outing. My kids get paid with kisses and high fives.

Christie said...

I say, why wait for spring break to utilize that free labor? My poor kids have to work like that every Saturday...

Anonymous said...

Are they for hire?

Emy5 said...

Have a fun trip!

I only just got the last of my Easter things put away today. Could have used some great workers like yours.

Lauren in GA said...

Great work, team!

We have to have those kinds of discussions, too. The pushing of the elevator door buttons is a highly coveted job. I love that your kids have the forethought to figure out who gets to do what before you are at the hotel. We prefer to fight in the hallway like animals *sigh*.

A-Kap said...

I am very much looking forward to spring breaks like these.... The minute Soren is tall enough to use a vacuum, he's using it!!

Amber said...

While my daughter was whining there wasn't anything to do, why didn't I think of your brilliant clean-up plan?!

CREATE