I know I've complained about all the snow before but now I am officially DONE! Don't get me wrong, I actually love snow and winter and cocoa, and sledding...blahblahblah. Yesterday was not good! First, my 9yr old daughter and I got into an early morning shouting match because I washed her precious sweatshirt that she refuses to wash because "it takes the softness out of it"-whateva girlfriend! I will not have stinky homeless looking children leaving my home. Then, as my 13 year old is walking out the door for school he calls back to me, "mom, dad says don't forget to put out the recycling". Ummm, excuse me, its NOT MY JOB! Its actually the 13 year olds job but he can't be late for school. Whateva, I'll do it. Did I mention that its Daylight savings and EVERYONE is tired and grumpy? So I get the recycle bin and take one step outside and...

I'm just hoping none of my neighbors saw. Did I drop the recycle bin? Of course not! I saved the precious recyclables with my body. I love the earth! I'm just glad I didn't crack my skull like one of my neighbors-she is still recovering-bad news! I picked myself up, took the recycling to the curb, went inside, went up to my room, had a good little cry, said a prayer and went on with my day. I am now officially pretending it is Spring. That white stuff outside is actually cherry blossoms all over the ground.

14 comments:
You poor thing. Nobody should have to look at snow in March. Why doesn't anybody tell that to dumb mother nature?
The picture of the polar bear totally made me laugh. But I would not have laughed at you.
I would have laughed at you, but then I would have walked over and picked you up and took you in the house and we would have had breakfast together and laughed so hard we cried! I hope you are okay and that nothing is too hurt or sore.
"It takes the softness out" I am laughing out loud at that one!! My daughter was mad at me the other day because I washed her sweatshirt too :) Sorry about the little spill. Did you look just like the bear but with recycling all over you? :P Really I am quite enjoying your post but I am laughing with you not at you right? Hope the rest of the day gets better!!
Oh, dear...she cracked her skull?
I love your good attitude...I am sure the cherry blossoms are breathtaking.
I love that you said a prayer, too. Good job...sometimes I get so upset I don't pray when I should. Thanks for the example.
First of all that picture is hilarious! I am so sorry about your screaming match and sad little spill. I'm impressed that you saved the recycling.
Thanks to you know I see cherry blossoms instead of snow...LOTS of cherry blossoms...Now if only I could pretend that 10 degrees is really 70 degrees, that ones a little harder.
Glad you didn't get too hurt. What chore of yours does your son get to do now????
So....about those cookies and cocoa.... How soon can you come over?
I'm glad you didn't break anything. Even your spirit is intact. Don't They say March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Or you can visit me and sit by the pool.
oh you are KILLN me! did you have to rewrite this post a couple times to keep removing expletives?
thank goodness for blogging... it makes it possible to find humor in days like this.
that picture is hilarious!
I have never felt good about snow in March.. Never.
$240 from mht to pbi - just sayin'
You should have lived in Colorado this winter..we have barely had ANY snow and I have missed it! Grass is always greener, I guess....
I don't blame you! Grrr!
Post a Comment