Monday, March 16, 2009

Guilty notes

This past week we had some bad moments in our home. We have the day to day fussing and whining and my tolerance for these things is pretty high, but this past week I wasn't giving an inch. You wouldn't have wanted to cross paths with me ...I wasn't nice. My children's guilt got the better of them and here are two sweet notes I received-the first one was on my pillow after some intense debates with my 9 year old daughter and the second one slid under my bedroom door from my 13 year old after a particularly miserable dinner. The green stuff would be the spinach I put in the lasagna...It was not received well and I did not take it kindly. I think God gave us PMS so our children would appreciate us at least one week out of the month.


Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

jessica said...

Your kids are cracking me up! I love that "you made me alive" made the list. And no signature is really needed...just "your eldest".

I just warned Aric last night that my PMS had officially arrived yesterday. Just in case he didn't realize it after I stopped talking to him because he made a joke that I didn't think was funny.

diane said...

I love that the note is signed, your eldest. Like you might forget the birth order.

I love the thankful list. No wonder you are tired. Look at all you do to make their lives happy and complete. And all with well groomed hair.

Anonymous said...

Oh those are too funny!! Do you often call your children by thier birth order? :) Or was that note from your husband!!(Ha Ha I crack myself up!!)

I got one of those letters last Sunday!! Oh and I totally saving it for future use.

Unknown said...

I love those notes. I'm so glad you have them preserved digitally for all time:)

Lindsey said...

too funny. Abby (6) asked me yesterday if I was going to have another baby (i.e. YOU ARE FAT) I got mad and said I JUST HAD ONE! GIMME A BREAK! I got a very sincere appology.. However, something tells me I think she was trying to notify me that I need to work on it. I will, when I am not so sleep deprived.

the wrath of khandrea said...

job well done, my friend. i know when i've successfully parented because i will come out and find someone sweeping. or offering me a massage. it means i have made them feel badly enough for their miserable choices, and they are trying to repent. it also feeds my little god complex, and i grant them forgiveness after five hail mary's.

katie g. said...

you nurcher me too!

A-Kap said...

Hmmmm...that yellow note looks like it came from my sharing time lesson.... If it is, I am SO glad she gave it to you at just the right moment (although they were supposed to give it to you after church!). Heck, whatever works!! The note from your eldest is about as sweet as it gets....

And speaking of sweet...where the heck is that recipe for those "smart cookies"???? I want one. NOW.

mahina said...

your kids are awesome!

and green stuff ALWAYS makes things taste better!

calibosmom said...

Amy-that is so funny. That note did come at the right time-I thought she made it in her room after our spat. Your lesson was inspired and you saved Hannah from a world of hurt.

Lauren in GA said...

Oh, I am loving the, "Your Eldest" sign off.

Those were so sweet. I love the, "You...made me alive", too. Way to get props for childbirth.

You've got some great kids ☺.

Jenibelle said...

You might want to remind her often that you "made her alive".

So cute. My 3 boys got in a fist fight today...another adventure in Parentingville!

CREATE