Monday, March 23, 2009

Lady Napsalot

Any given time of the day this is where you will find me. I love taking naps. Some days its 15 minutes. Other days it is 2 hours of sweet escape to dreamland. It doesn't happen everyday but it happens often enough. I find it funny that my kids are always harping on my husband that he sleeps too much when I am the one that often greets them from my pillow when they get home from school. I'm sure its because they know how hard I work for them and I must deserve this little rest. I know not everyone can nap but here are some reasons why I think everyone should:
1-You feel refreshed
2-You are nicer after you do
3-You're not a grump (well, sometimes)
4-You're awake for late night lovin'

5-You cannot answer annoying phone calls (turn off the ringer)

6-You can rest your tired and sore muscles after your intense morning workout (it happens)

7-Here are two articles to support my napping habit:

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/4105

http://www.bspcn.com/2008/06/22/7-simple-rules-for-how-to-take-a-nap/

Here here for siesta's and let's raise an eyelid for naps!


Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

jessica said...

Thanks for taking my guilt away when I give in to the weight of my eyelids. Everyday at 2pm my body just melts into whatever I happen to be sitting in. I start to think of all the things I should be doing and start to feel guilty but how my body refuses to move.

I will think of you around 2pm when I drift into sleepyland.

mahina said...

oh i love a good nap! and all of your reasons for napping are wonderful! i try to get a nap at least 3 or 4 times a week! the only problem is that if i nap longer than 30 minutes i am up all night unable to sleep until well after midnight! then the cycle starts over. sometimes i wake up grumpier than i was when i laid down to nap, but that is if i napped too long!

Lauren in GA said...

I cannot function without naps...it is as simple as that. I loved this post becasue now I don't have to feel guilty!

Christie said...

There is NOTHING like a good nap. Though I had not considered the benefits of number four on your list. I think that would make my husband encourage my nap taking rather than be annoyed with it.

Anonymous said...

I am going to remind my hubby of #4 and see if he then makes me feel guilty when I take a nap :) I loves me a good nap. We have church at 1:00 so I haven't had a good Sunday afternoon nap in a really long time!! I could have used a nap today.

the wrath of khandrea said...

you know, sadly, it's the opposite for me. i wake up from a nap and i'm a useless demon. i'm even more tired, and i don't feel like doing a single thing. which is a bummer, because the actual napping part is really great.

Anonymous said...

Umm you don't need to convince me... naps come a very close second only to eating!

diane said...

This post is naptastic! I need my naps.

Emy5 said...

I wish I could nap more easily. I need this reminder

Jake said...

I know. I want to be like a three year old and have a mom who MAKES me go down for a nap. Heaven!

tiburon said...

Oooo i love a good nap!

CREATE