Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Finding the JOY

It's snowing again. The kids are home again. I have a cold. It's time to find the Joy in the journey...
Things that have made me smile this week:
Honey Chamomile tea with a slice of lemon
Taking my bra off at the end of the day
Getting 5 workouts done in a week
Seeing my 13 year old read books to his siblings
My husband doing sit ups-he's not very coordinated so it makes me laugh(I'm very proud of him though)
Watching Masterpiece Classic-Wuthering Heights (I know, I'm a nerd)
Really good lasagna-Good sauce is the key
A visit from our new Home Teacher-he did a great job!
Taking my daughter out for a girls day of shopping & fun
Writing a check to the plow man-just glad I don't have to shovel myself!
Listening to my six year old read books-it takes a while but I'm just glad he's getting it.
Going to the library
Getting the call that my friend finally delivered her twins.
Making plans for our Sedona trip
Realizing that although it is miserable outside, I am blessed beyond measure. We're healthy (except for the sniffles), we're happy, we're doing OK!

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

Keep up the good work! (Of being positive) and send some my way! :)

diane said...

I love your happy stuff list.

A-Kap said...

Upon reading this, I immediately got up and made me some chamomile tea with honey and lemon. I don't have any idea why I didn't do it sooner on this cold, icy day. I love the list of joys.

BTW: The teachers in Primary were marveling at Solomon's picture (of the week). I especially love the wheat in the farmer's mouth. And that cow. Wow. That is one cool cow. He had the best drawing BY FAR.

the wrath of khandrea said...

the new header picture is to die for.

ha, i crack myself up. get it? to die for? you have guns? die?

yeah.

don't forget one more item for your list: you got a peek at ricardo's cleavage.

Christie said...

Amen to workouts and bra removal, sista. Well done, you.

Lauren in GA said...

I love the new header!

Such a lovely list! Kinda make me want to take my bra off...even though it is only 10:12a.m.

I want some lasagna right NOW!

Jana said...

The only thing better than taking off the bra is never putting one on and wearing a sweater large enough that no one knows or cares.

Thanks for your visit, I'll be around....

jessica said...

I love your new blog look...very stylin'...and I your header picture is so awesome!

Good for you for finding the joy and sharing it...I love listening to Eden read. It makes me so happy!

tiburon said...

Happy list is AWESOME!!

CREATE