Friday, January 16, 2009

Andrew Wyeth

Today one of my favorite artists passed away. Andrew Wyeth. I thought I'd post some of his beautiful paintings. I think I love his artwork because I see his subjects all the time. I have lived in the same places he has lived so there is something familiar about his subjects. Not all his subjects mind you. He has A LOT of nudes of his former "neighbor" Helga...hmmm...but I'm talking about his landscapes and such. If you are ever in Rockland, ME I highly recommend a visit to the Farnsworth Museum -a must see if you like anything Wyeth. Thank you Mr. Wyeth for perfecting your gift and sharing it with the rest of us!

12 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

i love the ones of the windows. they take me somewhere else. somewhere that's NOT idaho.

Lauren in GA said...

That was really neat of you to write a tribute post to him.

I agree with Andrea...I love the windows one, too.

Anonymous said...

I saw that he died but I didn't know who he was. He was VERY talented!! I can barely draw stick people :)

Annie said...

I'm so glad you posted this--I hadn't heard about his death. I love Andrew Wyeth, too. I had a print of Christina's World (the top one I think) in my dorm room when I was a freshman. My first art purchase.

Painting is a talent I don't have at all but if I were to ask for a talent, I would stand in the painting talent line for sure.

jessica said...

WOW!!!!He truly had a gift. I love them all! Wise of you not to post the nude ones...

Okay, I am so sad that I didn't recieve your package! Here's my e-mail...aricta at webband dot com I will send my address to you.

Oh and I'm lOVING your picture of the week! Thanks for rubbing it in how freaking lucky you are to have such a cool camera. You have some skills girly!

Bridget said...

THose are really nice. I am like Annie. I really appreciate good art but have no artistic abilities whatsoever so I feel like an imposter even liking art.

jessica said...

Okay I just got my mail!!!!!!I love it! Thank you so much! I can't wait for Camden to fit into them...You are AWESOME!

diane said...

Beautiful and serene.

Anonymous said...

I have the MASTER BEDROOM print in my master bedroom, I really enjoy his work also....I think we might have been seperated at birth, you and me that is not me and Mr. Wyeth.

tiburon said...

That last one is GORGEOUS.

Great paintings!

Linsey said...

Wyeth is such a credit to American art. A loss for all of us, but what an enduring legacy.

Jenibelle said...

Love the pictures. But I have to laugh, the one picture must have been the inspiration for Julie Andrews' Maria in Sound of Music. It looks JUST like when she left the abbey and sang "I've got confidence..." The pictures are gorgeous. Have a fun vacay!

CREATE