Sunday, December 14, 2008

Oh, the weather outside is frightful...







Here are some images from our frightful weather this weekend. Crazy stuff! I didn't take these pictures but these give you an idea of what it's been like. Do you know what comes to mind when I think of the weekend? GRATITUDE and FAMILY! My sister in law, her husband and their kids (someone for everyone to play with) completely opened up their home for us. We showed up at their house Friday night (we had no power) and we stayed until Sunday morning. I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to have family that cares for you. What a blessing that we can just show up in a pinch and have a bed, yummy food and fun for everyone (she just happens to live by one of the BEST malls EVER so of course we HAD to go shopping!) I know, I know, we should have a generator...it's on the list but all was well. The person I felt the worst for was my oldest. It was his 13th birthday on Friday. He was so cute, he prayed for a snow day on Friday so he wouldn't have to go to school and this is what he got. He said he would never pray for that again. He totally got the shaft. He was suppose to have a party complete with Air soft wars and XBOX with some friends but we had to cancel. Well, he'll never forget his 13th birthday. I love this boy so much! I am getting choked up just thinking about how much I love him and I can't believe how grown up he is getting. I had to buy him pants AGAIN and I got him size 16-his legs go on forever!


Well, gotta go. The in laws are on their way over to watch the Pats (Patriots) game-they are still without power and I want make sure I give back as much as I've been given this weekend. This comes to mind at the moment...

"And it came to pass that he said unto them: Behold, here are the waters of Mormon (for thus were they called) and now, as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light;

Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life—" MOSIAH 18:8-9

13 comments:

mahina said...

wow! that is some crazy weather! i would take snow over ice anyday! your poor boy! i guess he learned his lesson on prayers! hope you can get warm and toasty soon at your house and stay that way!

A-Kap said...

You luck duck. We still don't have power and my poor hubby is sleeping in a 36 degree house with my pup since he has to work tomorrow. I drove to NYC with the kids -- we tried all sleeping in our king bed on Friday night to keep each other warm, but AC kept waking everyone up...so not much sleep was happenin'. Hopefully our power will come back tomorrow!!

Bridget said...

How nice that you had family to go to. Reminds me of the three little pigs. I would be rushing to my neighbor's with the generator too. :)

My brother-in-law lives in Boston. I hear its been brutal. Hope you thaw out soon.

jessica said...

Our power went out for five minutes today and I totally started to panic. I know I could've gone to my sisters...but eight kids 10 and under...YIKES! I'll be pricing generators yhis week.

diane said...

Wow! Ice storms are beautiful but dangerous. Glad you are all safe and warm.

Lauren in GA said...

I agree with Diane...so beautiful but so dangerous!!

I am sorry for your newly turned teenager...ice storms can ruin the best plans.

the wrath of khandrea said...

i was wondering how you were doing out there. glad to hear you're surviving it. glad you had family close by... especially family with a generator.

i hear you on the growing boy thing. my ten year old is outgrowing his size 12 pants, and i keep trying to decide if i should cut his feet off or cry about it. both poor options, yes. but whatever. you feel me, right?

Lindsey said...

Sounds like a fun snowed in weekend. Glad you have family close by to enjoy it with!

Anonymous said...

Ain't family the best!! Great scripture :)

I noticed my 13 year old sons pants at church on Sunday (while he was passing the Sacrament) yup, too short!! AGAIN!!! I just bought those in September!! Could they just stop growing for a season? Happy birthday to your son!!

Emy5 said...

Glad you were safe and warm during that experience.

Funny how that prayer got answered.

Jake said...

I've been wondering about you. Wow! What a way to welcome winter, huh? Get your hibernating groove on!

Jenibelle said...

Is it bad to say that those pictures are gorgeous.

BTW, just a life lesson for you here...don't be quoting scripture in public places, it comes back to bite you in the bottom...they'll call you to teach Seminary and/or Gospel Doctrine. This is one case it's okay to hide that talent under a bushel!

And, It's a Wonderful World is my all time favorite song. Love it.

tiburon said...

Have a super fantastic Christmas!! Stay warm :)

CREATE