Monday, December 8, 2008

Quirks

My cute friend Gabe tagged me about QUIRKS. I have many but here are 6.

1-I LOATHE BEING COLD. Why do I live in New England you ask? It's beautiful and I have a great heating system in my house. I also appreciate a good coat and mittens but I have yet to find a hat that doesn't destroy my hair.

2-IF I EAT SOMETHING SWEET, I MUST EAT SOMETHING SALTY. I go back and forth between salty and sweet-I like a little crunch too. A perfect snack-pretzels and root beer.

3-CUT, SEW, & BAKE- I could if I HAD to but I DO NOT cut hair, sew clothes, or bake bread. I do not enjoy doing any of these things. I do love the smell of freshly baked bread but I'd rather buy it fresh from the bakery than make it myself.

4-I TWIDDLE MY EYEBROWS-When I am thinking intensely or just bored, I twiddle my eyebrows. I like the crunchy feeling-my only fear is having crazy old man eyebrows when I'm older.

5-I MUST BE COVERED. It could be the hottest day of the year, but when I sleep or am sitting on the couch, I must have some sort of blanket or sheet over me. Go figure...I could never be a nudist-sorry honey!

6-I WILL NOT EAT SLICED OR WHOLE TOMATOES. I can eat chunky salsa, I eat diced tomatoes in salads, I eat chunky spaghetti sauce but I gag if I eat a piece bigger than a cube. BLECH! Slimy tomato seeds are nasty!

Now that I have thoroughly embarrassed and exposed myself, I think I'll do the same to the following...Amy K (akap), Lauren, & Mahina.

16 comments:

katie g. said...

funny how many quirks are the same within a family. HATE being cold - but I'm smart enough to live in FL. Of course, I hate hurricanes too - go figure. You and Mike share the tomato thing and Paul pulls on his eyebrows too. Is there anyone in our family that makes bread? Please, we should all be stripped of our mormon girl cards. You are deeply loved - quirks and all!!

Lauren in GA said...

I loved hearing your quirks!! I have to be covered to sleep, too!

I am guessing that is me you tagged...I will try to do it soon...I am kind of a loser with tags...

A-Kap said...

Okie dokie....I got PLENTY of quirks that's for sure! Where do I begin....????

the wrath of khandrea said...

i was totally feeling you on the sweet-salty snack thing, but you dropped me like a cheap date with the eyebrow twiddling.

A-Kap said...

I forgot to mention that I am SO WITH YOU on #5.

jessica said...

#3 and #4 were the only ones that I don't have. The others....right on my twin sista!

Thanks for being there for my news even though you were miles away I felt the love!

Bridget said...

I must be covered too. The eyebrow thing? That's just plain weird. My husband hates tomatoes and I feel so sorry for them. I like them any way they're cut.

♥Shally said...

I love reading about quirks! I think they are what makes a person THEM, ya know?

Love your Christmas music!

mahina said...

i love salty sweet! it is the best combination! and i have to be covered as well!

Anonymous said...

Oh I HATE being cold!! It could be 105 degrees outside and I must have a blanket on me too! I knew I liked you -- except the tomatoe thing. I LOVE tomatoes!!

diane said...

I like your quirks as I share a few. Love sweet and salty, but I must end with sweet. Chocolate covered pretzels and Peanut M&Ms hit the spot.

Gabe said...

Liz your quirks are fantastic! I'm right there with you on being covered and you know how the humidity is...ick! This was super fun to read :) Thanks!

Lindsey said...

Had the stawberry Jam this morning... Yum, yum, yum... I had to restrain myself from eating like 4 pieces of toast just to inhale the jam. Oh, so, don't go thinkin' your not crafty.. because canning is crafty honey!

Linsey said...

If this is as embarrassing as it gets, you're a lucky girl.

Emy5 said...

Those quirks are funny and nothing but endearing. I don't like cold, but I LOVE great big chunks of tomato.

Amber said...

I LOVE the eyebrow twiddling. My husband makes fun of me because I do the same with my hair. I have this wiry red hair underneath my mane that feels like horse hair and I am constantly winding it around my fingers!

CREATE