Tuesday, September 30, 2008

More Good Things...

1.I just thought I'd clarify that the bar magnifier is in fact a magnifying device for reading and NOT a preggers stick. It's a bit like a ruler but it has magnifying qualities so that the words on the page are enlarged. It has helped my daughter focus on the words she is reading instead of being overwhelmed by an entire page of words. I know, I'm a brilliant mother...save your applause until the end...

2.Hubby and I saw a great documentary the other night. Young At Heart. It is about a senior citizen chorus and they sing rock songs. My husband was not really looking forward to watching it but he actually liked it a lot. I was laughing, I was crying...it was a testament to living life to the fullest all the way to the end.

3.If you like yogurt than you have to try this. YUMMY!!! Make sure you remember to stir it because it doesn't taste too good if you don't. The honey flavor is sooo good. I mix in some almonds and craisins. It's packed with protein and its delicious!
4."Brown paper packages"...The first of every month, we get a brown paper grocery bag from G-ma (my mother in law). This paper bag is filled with all kinds of goodies for the month. She researches things that happened in that month and then has activities to go along with that subject. It really is amazing and the kids love it. For all her craziness...she is a fantastic grandma! We just got the bag today and I haven't looked in it but I'm sure it has a Columbus activity and Halloween stuff in it.

5.It's my honey's birthday tomorrow and the party starts at midnight...

5 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

LOVE the new header!! tres awesome.

i want a brown bag gramma. does she branch out to non-family? cross-country?

thanks for the magnifier clarification. i was scared.

happy birthday mr. husband.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the clarification on the magnifier thing. That really is a great idea -- you are quite the good thinking mom :P

Love the picture of your hubby -- tell him happy b-day for me!!

jessica said...

I want a brown paper bag grandma! She is so awesome!

That magnifier thing is so cool. I've never seen that before. If I ever tutor again I will have to remember it.

And Happy Birthday to your guy. He looks pretty hot in those glasses...um...did I just cross the line? You know that I mean hot in the most innocent and platonic way possible.

Lauren in GA said...

"save your applause until the end..." not only are you brilliant, but you are funny, too!

I am really interested in that magnifying device. My 8 year old is struggling with reading....and my period is late. Just kiddin' about the last part and I truly do want a magnifying device. Where did you get it?

diane said...

I love the new picture on your header.

I want to see that movie. I saw them perform on some talk show.

CREATE