Friday, September 26, 2008

Good Things...

Here are some good things that happened this week...

Solomon cleaned his room. It only took an hour and three filled grocery bags of trash.
 

Hannah finished reading her book report book to me. She got a tough book assigned to her. It was easier for her to read it out loud to me and I found a great gadget for helping her focus.
It's a bar magnifier and it worked wonders. Thank goodness she finished before The Office premiere.
 

Caleb ran in his first Cross Country meet. I'm really proud of him. He's not really a "sporty" kind of kid so this was big for him. He should do well-he is all legs!
 

I still haven't cut my hair and I think I might actually grow it out. I made a deal with my husband. If I grow out my hair, he has to buy a suit. Yes, a suit. You may think this strange since most of your husbands probably wear a suit. Well, I married a rebel and he does NOT wear suits. I keep telling him he'll get more action but it doesn't seem to phase him. He's so cute, after I told him that he actually went out and bought a sport coat...sorry love, it's just not the same. Does anyone have any tips on getting hair to grow faster?
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Jenibelle said...

My husband won't wear a suit either, in fact he goes to church most Sundays in a pull over sweater, it just ticks me off big time. My empathy is yours.

AND..............that magnifier looks like a pregnancy test stick....I got really excited there for a minute!

mahina said...

i was thinking the same thing as jenibelle about the bar magnifier! umm, what is a bar magnifier?

that room would make me so happy, it's so clean!! way to go!

Bridget said...

Yes, the room looks great. I have the opposite problem. My husband loves to spend money on suits. Nice suits. Lots of suits.

diane said...

My husband is a suit. He wears one every day. He doesn't know how to dress casual.

I was looking forward to your haircut.

the wrath of khandrea said...

i am so proud of the room. now when my boys' room gets messed up i will show them this picture and say "do you see how clean this little boy's room is? you should be more like him."

the truth will lie secret for you and i.

drink more milk. get regular trims. use a good conditioner. get pregnant. all of those will help your hair grow. plus, you could save money on a pregnancy test since you have that reading thingy which apparently doubles.

Christie said...

Girlfriend, if there were any tricks to making hair grow faster, I would be all over them. Probably eating well and taking vitamins. But who really wants to do that?

Lauren in GA said...

Solomon's room looks fantastic!!!!!
Bravo!!!

Great job to your Cross Country runner, too. That is wonderful. I hate running.

Matthew Deane said...

I am not phased because I already get plenty of high-quality action without a suit. You have to "up the ante" if you want to phase me.

Anonymous said...

Yea for a clean room!! Onlu 3 bags fo trash, not bad :)
I like that idea for reading a book, I am going to file that one away for future use.
What is a bar magnifier?
Yea for cross country race!!! The first race is always the hardest.
The Office premiere was freaking hilarious!!!
Can't help you with the hair, mine drives me crazy it grows so fast.
Good Luck with the suit, you would think that would motivate him. :)

Jake said...

What size is your husband? I'll send him a hand-me-down suit. He can put it on when he wants to get lucky!

Thursday14 said...

I will repeat my comment that you look good with any length hair, so I will support you whether you shave yourself bald or you grow it to your knees. Pleasing the husband is important, though. It's nice to know how HE enjoys your hair since he spends more time looking at you than you do. (Right?)

To make your hair grow faster, you need to ignore it - put it in a ponytail every single day for about 8 weeks. Then suddenly decide to wear your hair down and it will have appeared to have grown several inches!

Oh - and eat healthy and get it trimmed like the others said. :-)

My husband bought his first suit this year. I understand the appeal of a husband in a suit when you rarely get to see them in one! It is instant hotness.

jessica said...

My husband loves a suit.

My kids room looks that good too because my husband made them clean it while I was gone. He said they worked on it for hours!!! TORTURE!

I can't imagine running more than four and a half miles. That's my record and I thought I was going to die! RUN! CALEB! RUN!

kelli said...

Let's just say that my husband too is a rebel. He works from home, so I'm lucky to come home from work and find him anything more than his boxers!! I don't even have hopes of a suit...I'd settle for jeans and a t shirt!

Unknown said...

I want to know the phsychology behind why Matt won't wear a suit. Until then I can't seem to form an oppinion on the matter.

Emily said...

We have some lovely Brooks Brothers suits from Jonas' grandpa that don't fit him but he can't seem to part with. They actually are really nice. So what is the deal with no suit. Guys look so good in suits, I love it when Jonas wears his pinstripe suit. When he wears it to church I end feeling guilty for my un-pure thoughts!

CREATE