Thursday, September 11, 2008

For some reason...

This year is different for some reason. It started two days ago when I was finishing a walk around the neighborhood. I stood at my doorway and heard an airplane overhead. I couldn't move. I just stood there and looked at it and my heart sank. I knew today was coming. I hate imagining those people in those airplanes. I hate imagining the people in those buildings. My heart aches for those families. I hate today. There is not a reason for everything...there was no reason for this.

8 comments:

♥Shally said...

I swear I have been on the verge of crying all day...

Thursday14 said...

I've been a mess all day. So sad and distracted and just not able to get my mind away from it. I just want to hug my kids for hours.

diane said...

Such a terrible tragedy. We will never forget.

gab said...

It's such a sad sad day...I posted about it too.

I think it's ok to BE sad...at least it shows we remember.

Lauren in GA said...

I know...I don't want to forget but...it makes me so sad, too.

Becca said...

Even all the way around the other side of the world, we remember. We cry and we're confused and we ask Why? We all cry for the same thing. We all remember this day in unity. Why can't we all live in unity? Too sad.....

Bridget said...

I think of all those widows and widowers who are mourning today. Here I go about all my little errands and life is the same for me. I can't imagine the pain they are feeling.

Christie said...

I think when we stop being sad is when we're in trouble. We need to remember that day. We need it to appreciate all that we have now.

CREATE