Just thought I'd let you know that in my house, if you want this:

Then you have to do this:
And if you want this:

Then you have to do this:
And lastly, if you want more of this:

Then you should probably do this:

Then you have to do this:

Then you have to do this:
And lastly, if you want more of this:

Then you should probably do this:
13 comments:
awesome!
don't you love it when they grow up and they have to do everything?!
hehe
What a great lesson for me as I begin to grow as a parent.
You are a genius. ☺
That is all.
I wish someone would buy me stuff for doing chores. Oh wait. I guess that would be my husband.
LOVE IT!!!!! My daughter wants that CD too. I think my ironing pile is really big. I also have a bunch of weeds in the yard.
I love watching my kids do their jobs. I get some sick satisfactiion from it. Maybe it's because they are lightening my work load. Maybe it's because I thinks it's funny to watch my five year old try to carry a giant laundry basket full of clothes up a flight of stairs. I just keep telling myself I'm a good mom because I'm teaching them how to value work and money. I am right aren't I.
Geeeeez, tough love. :-)
I'm the same way. Chores will be the only way they'll be able to earn their allowance. Early life lessons!
dishwasher...$400.00
soap...$2.99
allowance...$5.00
Being able to sit and read a book while my ten year old does dishes...priceless!
Would your girl like a "working vacation" to Cali? I have loads and loads of ironing and I would pay well!!!
I'm impressed.
I THOUGHT WE WERE BOYCOTTING MILEY???
i feel so abandoned.
My favorite life skills that my children have learned is doing their own laundry and they each have a night that they make dinner. With three teenage boys and a date Friday nights, I only cook 3 nights a week. Every Sat. I ask what they want to make the following week. They find recipes and give me their lists. We've had everything from hot dogs to baked ziti to cajun shrimp kabobs. whatever headaches these boys give me at times, I'll take them if it means they are old enough to take care of themselves and take a load off of me occasionally.
Oh my gosh - I heart you. I just fell more in love with you.
Yes!!! It is a lazy mother who doesn't teach her children to work.
Post a Comment