Saturday, July 19, 2008

You know...


You know it's time to make your 9 year old daughter wear pants 24/7 when she is so covered in bruises from falling UP the stairs, that you are worried Child Services will come knocking at your door any second.

15 comments:

♥Shally said...

Braylen is the same way!

She fell in church walking-- while Zach was holding her hand.

BOTH her shoes flew off her feet.

We have no idea how she does it...

diane said...

Her legs look like bruised bananas. You can call her banana girl.

Unknown said...

she showed them to me when she was over. It IS pretty impressive...

Bridget said...

That's pretty funny. Good luck convincing authorities you're not abusive.

kelli said...

I changed my blog to a private one, but had no way to send you the invite. I know you read regularly, so just request an invite when you go to my site and i'll allow it. Kelli

Thursday14 said...

Yikes!

Oh, there have been SO MANY times when I've been convinced that my children's bruises would send me to prison.

I considered a "home helmet" when they were toddlers, from all of the head injuries then...and now that they're older it seems like their shins take the brunt of it.

Haul out the soccer shinguards. And some pants.


-Sherry

Anonymous said...

My son insists on doing a "dismount" at the top of the stairs. His legs look about the same.

jessica said...

I'm totally calling right now!

Seriously though...you need to teach that kid how to walk up the stairs or invest in some shin guards.

Lauren in GA said...

I know what you mean...I have a son that...bless his heart...you could put the child in a padded room and put one tiny object in the corner...my kiddo will find a way to trip over, said object, and look like I beat him about the head, or something.

the wrath of khandrea said...

um, yes, hide them. keep her indoors until they heal. and beat her a little too in the meantime, since they'll blend right in.

mahina said...

oh my word! what does she do to get all of those bruises? is it ALL from the stairs? maybe she needs lessons on the proper way to walk stairs! ouch! it looks so painful!

definitely insist on pants! ;-)

Christie said...

Nice legs on that one. My legs usually look the same, so no condemnation here.

And I knew Annie from way back in Boston when we were in the same ward together. It's very good to have her here, if only for a few days. She's the best!

Jenibelle said...

Been there. CPS came knockin' when Rachel
1. Burned her arm on the waffle iron
2. Had her stomach pumped from drinking teriyaki sauce (salt poisoning, who knew?)
3. Knocked out her front teeth from falling against a door

all three in the same week. Yep, put pants on her, or a long, long skirt.

tiburon said...

OUCH! Those are some bad bruises!

Heather said...

OMG her poor legs. Looks like my boys' legs.

CREATE