Monday, July 28, 2008

Summer...


“Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under the trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time”
-John Lubbock (English Biologist and Politician, 1834-1913)

This is what I plan to do the rest of the summer. I feel like I have been caught in a whirlwind of events and emotions but now its time to relax and watch a few clouds pass by. In the past three weeks I have had a family reunion, gone site seeing to Palmyra NY, been on a Pioneer Handcart Trek in the woods of Maine, and helped friends cope with tragedy. I'm not complaining about doing any of this, I'm just ready to relax a bit. I have exactly one month left until school starts and I want to feel rested, feel young, feel fun, feel calm, feel content, and feel like summer didn't pass by too quickly! So, if you'd like to "waste your time" with me, come on over and together we can "watch the clouds float across the sky".

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

I would LOVE to waste some time! Unfortunately, (or fortunately) now I have to do that without my kids because they went back to school....

♥Shally said...

I wish I could! If I sit outside here and watch the clouds I WOULD MELT. Or turn into dust... It is SO dang hot!

tiburon said...

Good for you! I think you should just watch the clouds roll by :)

jessica said...

You have been busy and totally deserve some calm.

I'll go out tomorrow and think of when I take a few moments to watch the clouds go by...

Emy5 said...

What would summer be without a few lazy days?

I have been watching sunsets. So wonderful!

mahina said...

john lubbock is my new best friend! i couldn't agree more!

Anonymous said...

what time is the cloud watching party!? I am so there!!

kelli said...

More people need to do this.

Lauren in GA said...

I hope you are getting the rest you deserve :)

I know those Pioneer Handcart Trek's are amazing and draining, too.

I am sorry about your friends' tragedy. I know that takes his toll, too. Life can be so overwhelming at times.

CREATE