Sunday, July 13, 2008

In a nutshell...

Ahhh....my family reunion is officially over and WOW what a fun time! I'm in a bit of a haze because I'm still trying to adjust being home but WOW, what a great time! I'll post pictures later because there are soooo many. The beach house was PERFECT!!! It held all 29 of us wonderfully and it was so beautiful right on the uncrowded peaceful beach.
PS I have since seen and talked to "the cheater" and its weird but I'm trying to be a friend mostly for the kids sake. I don't want to cause them (the kids)anymore stress by fighting with and being mean to their parent but man it is hard not to freak out on this person. Anyway, thanks for all your comments-it helps to hear how others feel and how you deal with it.
Reunion pictures coming soon...

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a blast!! Can't wait to see the pictures

diane said...

Glad the reunion went well.
You are good and kind. When this happened to my friend I wanted to paint the scarlet letter on the cheater's garage door.

jessica said...

Looking forward to the pictures! I can't even imagine a place that would fit that many people and still have a good time...unless it was a hotel and I was medicated!

Way to take the high road with the cheater.

Annie said...

I'm so glad you had a good time. I thought about you last weekend, all having a blast.

p.s. I need to get the name + number of that place so I can talk my family in coming out, too!

the wrath of khandrea said...

let me know if you come up with a clever way to blog all teh pictures. i'm staring at my 429 from the east coast trip wondering who the heck really wants to see them all.

Christie said...

Welcome back. Can't wait to see pics!

♥Shally said...

A beach house that held all of you??

Perfect. I bet there were a lot of late nights!

Can't wait to hear about it.

Heather said...

Glad things went well. I know what you mean about adjusting to being back. It seems like just when I got into vacation/relaxation mode, it was time to come home and restress.

Lauren in GA said...

Good for you for thinking of those children first when dealing with the cheater.

I am so glad you had a lovely time. We have been home from our beach trip for over a week and I still haven't posted anything. I am just sooooooo tired, still. I guess relaxing is really hard work for me ;)

Anonymous said...

Can't to see the pictures... and good girl for being a big girl and looking more at the big picture.

Emy5 said...

Welcome back! The beach sounds like heaven right about now, but I am so far from it.

Cheating is so horrible and it's good that you chose not to get in the thick of it. I will never understand it, but I think people who cheat must be really unhappy in their present relationship. I don't really know.

Jenibelle said...

29 people in one house? Who brought the valium? My family would have killed each other thereby reducing the numbers. I stand in awe.

Bridget said...

Coming back from vacation is always hard. Good luck acclimatizing.

Thursday14 said...

Hey!
I'm SOOO glad to hear you had a good time! While you were off to the beach, I headed to the Heartland to visit my brother who recently moved to Kansas City, in an attempt at a surprise sibling reunion, which worked. As for that area...wow - I've never seen so many beautiful people in my life. Those hearty midwesterners made me feel like a weathered sea hag in comparison.

Anyway, regarding this cheater...I think you relied on your instinct and I believe you did the right thing. You can be civil to someone without necessarily condoning their behavior. But I'm sure it's uncomfortable for you, so I applaud you for your response.

Hope to see you soon! Stop by if you're trudging up the hill anytime soon.

-Sherry

Lindsey said...

Glad the reunion was so much fun! We just did the same... it was awesome!!! :)

CREATE