Sunday, June 8, 2008

SOOO excited!

(Fotheringham Family minus the spouses and kids)
My family is coming out for a family reunion next month and I cannot tell you how excited I am. This will be the first time for a reunion in New England. Since most of my siblings and my parents live in the west and we have a family cabin in Utah, its just easier for all of us to meet there. I think my parents took pity on me and two years ago told everyone our 2008 reunion would be here. So, the time is quickly approaching and I'm excited and also a bit nervous. Thank goodness my parents are renting a very large beach house so at least I don't have to clean up after everyone. I've already started gathering fun things for us to do. Give me some ideas. What are some of your most memorable reunions? What did you do? How did you make the most of your time but also relax and have fun?

11 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

didn't you post a picture of the house some time back? it was huge and gorgeous, and made me want to be adopted into your family.

key to any good get-together: division of labor.

jessica said...

Love the We Are Family song. That is totally my families theme song. We dance to it everytime we are all together.

Sorry I have no ideas for the reunion. My family pretty much only reunites for graduations, baptisms and baby blessings. Not alot of time to do fun stuff, we mainly hang out, dance and play speed scrabble.

Emy5 said...

Hooray for you!

A beach house sounds wonderful. My dad rented a beach house in Maine for all of us a couple of years ago!

Our extended family is not that big so I am at a loss for reunion suggestions!

diane said...

Giant twister game. Snow cone machine. Good stuff!

Lauren in GA said...

You are going to have such a fabulous time!

I love the, "I Am a Mother" video on your sidebar.

This may sound funny but, once we had a, "Don't Break the Ice" Tournament (that kids game with the plastic ice cubes). We set up tournament brackets and everything. It was so funny. It was "brother against brother and cousin against cousin" etc. It made for a great indoor activity.

Amber said...

A large beach house? What a DREAM! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Lauren in GA said...

The picture is cracking me up...the two gentleman on the end embracing each other like newlyweds is very special :)

calibosmom said...

Those are my brothers Mike and Paul. They are the closest in age out of all of us...maybe a little too close!:)

♥Shally said...

The best part about family reunions is staying up all night talking and laughing our heads off!!

SO fun to have a beach house!

Chris said...

That sounds like so much fun!!

My only suggestion is to remember that everyone needs there own space sometimes -- even on vacations and especially when that many people converge on one place!!

tiburon said...

Dangit! When are you going to have a reunion in Utah? My family has never done the family reunion thing - we are going to our first big one for my hubby's family next month.

CREATE