Here is one of the latest Miley Cyrus pictures taken by Annie Leibowitz for Vanity Fair. I cannot tell you how sad this makes me. Her parents were on the set, they approved of the pictures. She is 15! My daughter and millions of others look up to this young lady and now what? Miley says she is embarrassed and sorry to her fans but is that just because Disney is PISSED and she might get in trouble? Our kids are growing up WAY too fast! Come on people!!! My husband and I both said that if and when Miley starts "going down hill" we would pull the plug on her...I was really hoping she would stay the course. If she is really sorry and doesn't do it again, I am all for forgiveness but the photos are out-hopefully my daughter won't see them...or maybe this would be a good time to explain modesty and respecting your body-I didn't think I'd have to do this for a few more years. Here's to pigtails and dolls...FOREVER!Monday, April 28, 2008
So disappointed
Here is one of the latest Miley Cyrus pictures taken by Annie Leibowitz for Vanity Fair. I cannot tell you how sad this makes me. Her parents were on the set, they approved of the pictures. She is 15! My daughter and millions of others look up to this young lady and now what? Miley says she is embarrassed and sorry to her fans but is that just because Disney is PISSED and she might get in trouble? Our kids are growing up WAY too fast! Come on people!!! My husband and I both said that if and when Miley starts "going down hill" we would pull the plug on her...I was really hoping she would stay the course. If she is really sorry and doesn't do it again, I am all for forgiveness but the photos are out-hopefully my daughter won't see them...or maybe this would be a good time to explain modesty and respecting your body-I didn't think I'd have to do this for a few more years. Here's to pigtails and dolls...FOREVER!
Labels:
Rant
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
Couldn't agree with you more. I was really disappointed when I saw this and I really wanted to hope that the photographer took advantage of her. Then when I found out that mom and dad were there I was floored. Who does that?!? So disappointing.
not to mention the picture is SCARY! she looks like a meth addict. which, if is the case, explains her nakedness as well.
i agree it's very sad, and makes parenting even tougher. i've never liked miley though, so i'm thrilled to pull the plug. i'll pull your plug if you want me to! then you don't have to be the bad guy. just tell your kids "mean miss andrea is making us stop watching miley".
seriously though, please do a follow up post on how you handle this. if she doesn't see the pictures, will you even address it?
She looks really depressed in this picture. Just kind of sad and lonely. Maybe that's what the photog was going for, but not what her fans are looking for.
I am sorry, I know, if my daughter was older, I would be going through the same thing. Luckily (as I said on my blog) She was kind of young, and we made the decision to just not get her all crazed about it. So, she isn't into it and I am kind of glad. I just don't think you can do that with ANY celebrity! I mean, look at that High School Musical Girl? They all "make mistakes" or whatever... But, i just don't want my kids to think they are so great!
The girls at Robyn's school are saying that Miley Cyrus is ths New Britney Spears. Look what happened to her. Tough lifestyles and choices, but you can really see why we teach modesty.
I read an article that said that she just couldn't say no to what the photographer wanted to do.
Nice role model...
Amen. We have to be soooo careful!
ugh!! That's all I have to say.
Yeah, it is so sad. It was only a matter of time though before she would go to the dark side.
Not to mention she doesn't even look pretty in the picture!! It is just inapproprtate for a 15 year old, no matter how famous. Both Miley and her parents and the photagraper should be embarresed.
that is so very sad! whenever i see pictures of kids and people like this i always think, "what do their parents think of their daughter doing this?" but apparently they didn't think much of it! it makes it hard for us mothers of daughters. i say you are right to use it as a lesson on modesty and our bodies as temples, if your daughter sees the pictures!
it's so sad how fame ruins kids and people!
Unfortunately this is just another teaching moment. It is frightening to think that Annie Liebowitz still stands by it as "beautiful and art" So scary! Since when is a minor, barely covered, looking like she is stoned beautiful and art!
So sad.
It really is so sad.
I agree with Andrea...she does look like a meth addict or like she is completely sickly.
I only have boys...so I am hoping that my oldest doesn't even hear anything about it...but I bet the girls at school will be talking about it so he will wonder what all the fuss is about.
The moment she realizes that the whole disney thing isn't taking her career into adulthood she will ditch it like sour candy and move on....looks like the sell out has begun.
What's creepy is the photo of Miley and Billy Rae together! They made them look like they belong in the FLDS, just without the pioneer dresses. The thing is, when you are in performance mode all the time, you're not in your right mind. They are always moving with managers, handlers, publicists - even as parents, you don't always know where to draw the line. I'm not justifying their behavior. I just hope this is the thing they need that shocks them back into reality. If this is as bad as they let it get, it's not as tragic as it could be.
Post a Comment