Saturday, April 26, 2008

Pep talk


Ok blogger friends...This upcoming week is Spring Break and I need a pep talk. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with my kiddos but by about Wednesday, I'm ready to ship them off to boarding school. I need a good pep talk, some encouraging words, maybe even a cheer. When things get crazy, I'll lock myself in my room and read my uplifting messages and everything will be just fine...

12 comments:

Emy5 said...

YOU CAN DO IT! Believe me, I share your thoughts.

No one can do your job better than you, remember that!

I'm sure you'll have some fun times and little moments that will make it worthwhile. And even if you need to rant you can always blog about it.

Maybe take a night off and get a babysitter?!? Take care of yourself!

Lindsey said...

Um... yeah, that is my pep talk. Don't get a babysitter for just ONE night.. get one for the WHOLE day... and go out and enjoy yourself. Remember, all of the babysitting age kids are out of school too... :)

♥Shally said...

Okay, I won't be too much help here, since my oldest is five... but I know that PLANNING is the key for us when we have free time. Then the kids don't drive ya crazy.

I would plan one fun thing a day (even if it us just a picnic in your back yard).

HAVE FUN!!! :)

Lauren in GA said...

Oh, I hear you!!! I wonder how homeschooling moms do it. They have my admiration!


Okay, here goes!

YOU Can do it...you can, you can, YOU CAN DO IT, YOU CAN!

You are a cool mom, Look at the way you climbed up on that bar at the park! Your little girl was laughing so hard and was thrilled and impressed! I really mean it! Go you!

Bridget said...

I feel for you, I really do. You can do it though. Rah, rah, rah...all that good stuff.

I loved that video you did of yourself on the monkey bars. That's A+ work as a mom right there.

I second the motion that has already been put forward to get a babysitter. It will give you something to look forward to so the week is not so long.

Paige said...

Here's a suggestion. Do one fun thing with them one day, and have a totally down day the next with nothing planned. Then you won't get sick of them, and they will have something to report about their break. This is a good time for spring break. Ours was way too early.

Thursday14 said...

Some ideas:

Keep up the running.

Head up the hill for lunch one day *TBD*. ;-)

Walk somewhere with all of them in this rain.

Have a little game where any time anyone says they are bored they have to spend 5 minutes cleaning. (I'm such a big help - like I'm even going to do this myself!)

Remember, it WILL pass quickly - then you'll have the whole summer with them!

Jenibelle said...

This too shall pass?

Nothing witty... just sympathy.

Amber said...

You go, girl! My recommendation is structure! When my daughter was home for spring break, I had to plan something every day. Not all day but just enough that we were all entertained and not bored.

You can do it! :-)

diane said...

Day Camp love it, couldn't survive without it. Military school. Babysitter with spa day for you. You also get timeout in your room as many minutes as you are old!Enjoy!

the wrath of khandrea said...

paige had a good idea.

we survived our spring break this year by some miracle of mother nature. it was actually warm and sunny the first 4 days, so the kids were outside all the time. then it snowed again, and things were a little rougher.

just remember, you don't have to entertain them as much as you probably think you do. tell them to go be kids and play.

jessica said...

Paige stole my idea...play one day, rest the next. Give them jobs and let them watch movies. It's not going to kill them to have some down time. Find some other poor soul to swap child care for a day or afternnon. I hope it's warm where you are that will definitely help.

Here's a cheer for you...

School is out, there's no doubt, you can handle it! XX(that means clap twice)

Break some rules, don't loose your cool, you can handle it! XX

Get lots of snacks, don't resort to crack, you can handle it! XX

GOOOOOO Elizabeth GO! XX
GOOOOOO Elizabeth GO! XX

So I cheered in high school. I couldn't help myself...

CREATE