Thursday, April 24, 2008

Forever trying to stay young!

Here we are at the park...I just couldn't resist but I really should have. I just wanted to be young again...to feel the breeze in my thinning hair if only for a very brief, painful moment. At least I taught my daughter some new tricks...next time I'll just teach her how to french braid or make a friendship bracelet.

18 comments:

♥Shally said...

IMPRESSIVE!!

You made me want to go do that!!

(Even though I would be sore too)

Thursday14 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thursday14 said...

I am reposting due to an unfortunate spelling accident...

Anyway:

You are my hero!

Yesterday I decided to do cartwheels with the kids. It wasn't as fun as it used to be. I hit the ground a lot harder than I remembered. There is a strange, searing, stinging pain that traveled up from my hands and elbows afterwards (I think my arms aren't used to supporting nearly one and a half hundred pounds for any length of time.)

How ironic that we can try something to feel young again and just end up feeling old. Wicked old.

I laugh with you. :-)

the wrath of khandrea said...

you go! love the atari sweatshirt. and i love how you adjust your sleevs, like you are still 8.

i would probably vomit if i tried that. i have old lady equilibrium now.

i am highly impressed.

Christie said...

I am highly impressed with your agility and flexibility. I think we should bring a bar to BP and you could do some tricks for us.

Jake said...

Wow! I couldn't do that when I was 8 even. You do look like a little kid!

diane said...

You look like the cool babysitter not the mom. Love your Chuck Taylors! Maybe I'll wear my new shoes when I want to feel like an empress!

Lindsey said...

You are a brave brave brave girl. I loved doing that when I was a kid, but I am CERTAIN I would fall on my head.

Emy5 said...

Wow you are a cool, fit and young mom. Way to go!

Lauren in GA said...

Look at you!!!! That was amazing!


You are a COOL mom!


I hope you aren't sore. You looked so cute!

Amy Jorgensen said...

A few years ago, I tried to show my daughter a "cherry drop" -- what you did only you start on top of the bar and drop backwards and flip off the bar, supposedly landing on your feet. I did a belly flop on the mulch, and knocked the wind out of me...not pretty. I stay away from all bars now. You are amazing for even attempting the feat, let alone successfully completing it.

Anonymous said...

I love that!! Next time I am at the park -- I am sooooo doing that!!


PS I love your sweatshirt :)

Paige said...

Now that's an impressive cherry drop! So retro with the Atari sweatshirt.

Amber said...

WOWWOWOWOW! I wouldn't have attempted trick #2 even as a kid. You obviously have a gift. :-)

mahina said...

i was a bars girl in elementary school! every recess i was swinging around doing cherry drops and all sorts of crazy things! i don't think i would do it now though! id' be afraid to crack my head open or something else painful! you are one brave mama!

Becca said...

My daughter had a sticky beak and she was very impressed! She asked why I cant do these things?...she now thinks I'm very uncool! heee heee

Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jessica said...

I couldn't do a cherry drop even back in the day! I always had to have someone hold my hands.

You Rock!

CREATE