This is an email I got from my man yesterday. I've been wanting to post about him for awhile but wasn't sure what to say. He really does make me speechless. I know when I married him I would be taking the ride of my life-he hasn't disappointed! He is a good guy. I fell in love with him pretty quick but its been a rough road for us. It's just gotten good the past year or so. Don't get me wrong, it hasn't been all bad just rough. He is such a great dad-I knew right away this was the guy for me because he LOVED babies! He's a sucker for a cute little kid-our boys are the same way. He makes time for our kids; he visits them at school, he asks about their day, he reads to their school class and at home, he is fair with discipline and says sorry when he's gone too far. When a 12 year old boy can still kiss and hug his dad in front of his friends, that says something. He may not say this about himself but he is a risk taker. A few years ago he started his own business. That's pretty amazing considering he had a family, a mortgage, bills, etc. He has built an amazing business all on his own and he is very happy! We are very happy! He thinks he falls short when it comes to spiritual matters but when it really counts, he is there! He has a heart of gold and helps when help is needed. Did I mention he is a writer? When I first met him that's what he said he wanted to be. Well, kids came and rent came so writing had to take a back seat but finally about a year ago, he was ready to face some demons and he really began writing for real. He has an amazing way with words-so funny! Check out his
blog sometime-it's a really good read. I really do love this man and as I've told him many times when he's been wacky..."I'd rather have a little bit of crazy than a whole lot of boring!"

Sweetness,
I want you to know that yesterday was for me, blissful. Perfect in emotion, perfect in spirit, perfect in thought… I adore you, and I was inspired by not only your talk (I’m so happy you found your voice), but by your beauty. My eyes watered at the sight of you up there, and the knowledge that you are all mine forever. Nothing could have brought me down yesterday, and nothing did. Let’s kick the world in the ass and live the way we want to live. I know that not every moment can be overflowing with fun, fantasy, and frolic, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn't try, does it?
A sub-conscious thought about why you look so good to me in red (and do you ever!). Perhaps it is in part because you were wearing it the moment you altered the course of my life.
Loving you forever,
Mateo
P.S. I don’t care that this is sliding down the screen with sappiness, I want you to know how I feel, even if it makes me vulnerable.
16 comments:
Wow, very cool. Sounds a lot like my man. Rough start, smooth finish... right?
Now THAT is a great love letter.
I love the sappiness. Bring it on. This was a great tribute to what sounds like a great guy. Lucky you.
i'm all for sappiness. it helps me wash off what's left of last night's makeup. excellent.
i love posts like these. sometimes i feel like people get sick of me talking about how fantastic my husband is. i know i get sick of people reaming on their spouses. so i'm all for a spreadin a little love. or in this case, a whole lotta love!
i'm off to read his blog.
There is something so special about the written word -- Sounds like an amazing man. Don't let him go!!
So sweet! You definitely have a keeper! But here's what I want to know...what were you wearing! I want to see what inspired all this love!
He had me at hello! Whoa!
WOW. awesome hubby. lucky girl.
What a terrific letter. He IS a keeper!
p.s. I'm with Andrea...celebrate the good ones!
You are one LUCKY lady!
Sounds like a match made in heaven.
Aw, shucks...now I'm blushing. :)
Hey, when you got a good one, you gotta talk about it. There is to much husband bashing and cynicism in the world. Sappiness and love letters are great!
That e-mail he sent to you...WOW.
It was so beautifully written and wonderful.
I like the picture too. :)
Seriously. Wow.
...and the "Hubby of the Year" goes to.....you lucky gal Liz!
I've been thinking of this post often. Thanks for sharing it.
Post a Comment