Sunday, March 30, 2008

Satisfaction...

I love it when children learn to read! One of the most satisfying parts of my job as a mom, is witnessing my children learn. When the light bulb goes on, when the puzzle piece fits, when the letters magically turn into words. The look of satisfaction on their faces is unforgettable. I remember each moment for my children when this magic happened and here it is on video for Solomon. I certainly CANNOT take much credit for this. His teachers this year have been amazing! At the beginning of the year, he barely knew any letters and now he is making words and reading short stories. I worried about Solomon from the beginning. At two months old he was having seizures. It was so scary-I get choked up just thinking about it. We were never sure if they would affect him down the road. I am happy to say, he is a happy, healthy, bright, and loud little boy. It's all summed up in his smile.

6 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

I love how you described the light bulb going on, and the puzzle pieces fitting together!
I am so happy for you that the seizures haven't had any long term effects. I loved every word of this post!

♥Shally said...

Woo hoo!! And don't say you can't take credit! As a former teacher, I KNOW how much it helps to have willing parents at home!

Good job!

Unknown said...

That is great!

How did your daughter react to getting her American Girl doll? I bet she LOVED it!

the wrath of khandrea said...

he is darling! he looks so much like you. you can't help but love that little face of his.

which, conversely, means we can't help but love that little face of yours.
cute pigtails.

Anonymous said...

Way to go little man!!! Great job!!

I agree that is one of the best parts of parenting. I love seeing them learn and figure something out.

Melissa said...

it is always amazing to see when your child figures something out for the first time. Granted...my daughter isnt reading, but awesome to see her start to sit up and handle things without dropping them. Always fun

CREATE