My first born. He used to sit on my lap. We read a lot of books together. We played at the park, in the sandbox, and in the pool. He was my little man, my bud, my experiment, my smile. The night before his sister was born, I wrote him a letter and I sobbed. It wasn't going to be just the two of us anymore. I'm reminising because...I just dropped him off at his first Jr. High dance.Friday, March 7, 2008
Not so little anymore...
My first born. He used to sit on my lap. We read a lot of books together. We played at the park, in the sandbox, and in the pool. He was my little man, my bud, my experiment, my smile. The night before his sister was born, I wrote him a letter and I sobbed. It wasn't going to be just the two of us anymore. I'm reminising because...I just dropped him off at his first Jr. High dance.
Labels:
Firsts,
Introspection
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
They grow up too fast, don't they?
AAAHHHH! Junior high. The thought of sending my children terrifies me!
I cannot believe that! Crazy! I remember when he was brand-new.
Once again, Caleb is making my life a better place. I am not at all anxious about this new lap in the race.
I'm with Gab...
AHHHH!!
I tear up thinking about Jax going to all day 1st grade next year!!
WAAAA!!!
oh wow...it really does go by fast doesn't it?
I can relate. I have a daughter in middle school. Hope your son enjoys himself!
Also, I am not looking forward to sending my only son to Kindergarten in the Fall.
Oh my! My oldest starts middle school next year...*shudder*...This post was so beautifully written!!!
I liked how you called him your, "experiment"...well put, I feel that way about my first, too:)
eeek, I had to take mine to his dance last month... sucks. nuff said.
hmm. did i miss something? i didn't know you had a child this age!
great post. if childrearing didn't take so long, i would just have them one at a time. but then i'd be, like, this creepy, wrinkly old mother for the last one. ew.
Oh Liz, I just had goosebumps! I feel sick at the thought of my babies growing up...SICK, I tell you, SICK!
Post a Comment