Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Right of passage...


My oldest son was ordained a Deacon and last Sunday passed the Sacrament for the very first time. I thought when that happened, the first thing I would feel was old but I'm happy to say that the first thing I felt was joy. Its exciting to know that your son its on a path to happiness. After his fathers blessing, Caleb looked complete to me. I realize he is far from complete but he actually looked different to me. He knew what just happened to him was something of great importance and the men that helped bless him made him feel that it was important. All these men hugged Caleb-what a simple yet important thing that was to do. Here he is hugging his Grandpa-there was a lot of love in that room. I hope Caleb never forgets that feeling-I never will.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

congratulations! i can see that it was a really special experience for you. i'm glad for your family's happiness. :O)

Anonymous said...

Good job and congratulations, Caleb!

CREATE