A mighty change is happening two months from now for our family. We are heading West to Utah. Pause, breathe, take another breath, exhale, and now pick your jaw up off the floor. I know, I know we said we'd NEVER move there. Well in the immortal words of Justin Beiber, "NEVER SAY NEVER!"
This past summer Matthew and I both had a strong feeling that we should seriously consider this option. The option came fast and furious but we weren't ready so we dropped the thought and remained faithful New Englanders. However the option soon felt like a command; from above. From the beginning of this journey I have listened to God. He is guiding this ship and we're just along for the ride. I told Him I would do what he wanted me to do. I have listened to His promptings from what Realtor to use, to how we should help the kids with this transition. He has blessed us for listening. I know we're not there yet and many things could go wrong and they just might but I tell you, I have NEVER truly worried about any of this. I gave the whole situation over and He hasn't let me down yet.
I will be sad to leave my home of the past 20 years but I'm excited for whatever is ahead of us. Change can be good. Change is growth. I will be leaving some amazing people. People that have blessed my life beyond measure. That's the hardest part of leaving. I HATE saying goodbye. Being the youngest of eight kids, siblings were constantly leaving me behind. As a child, I had nightmares about being left behind. Now I'm doing the leaving and its not any easier. I'm leaving twenty years of my life. This is where I met Matthew, this is where I have raised my kids, this is where I have had life changing experiences, this is my home. What are we doing???
We're moving on, we're moving forward, we're going to have twenty more years of life changing experiences, and we're going to continue raising our kids-just somewhere else. That's what we're doing!!! I'm excited to be closer to my extended family. My parents, brothers, sisters, cousins. My ENTIRE family lives out West. I miss them. I want to have relationships with them and I want them to know me and my family.
I have A LOT to do in the next two months. Not only do I need to pack up our home of ten years but I have to spend time with precious friends, see places I have not yet seen, bottle up the beach (I will now be land locked), hug my beloved White Mountains, prepare and pass on my home to a dear dear friend, say goodbye to Matthew's family, eat lobster, I'd love to see a Red Sox game, eat a canolli or two, hit O'Town, ride a Duck Boat, canoe on the Exeter River, etc etc. Now I am crying but I have a smile on my face. So many wonderful memories I will take with me. Thank you New England! You've been a good good friend.


9 comments:
The West awaits your arrival with open arms and excited spirits.
Wow. I'm amazed. Good for you for listening. You will be blessed for doing so! Love you!
i still cry when i think about not being in new england. i'm constantly waiting for it to make sense. but all i can say is THANK HEAVENS i'm not in utah. ;o)
anxious to hear how things go for you all. lots of love to you!
(and yeah, the total insanity of jessica coming as you're going... heartbreaking.)
From the White to the Wasatch, as long as you're with your Deane Den, you'll always be home. (just happy it's closer to MEEEEE)
Maybe our sister trips should be to places we used to live.
I could have written this post almost WORD FOR WORD!!!! From the swearing that I would never live in Utah to the promptings and then the blessings of obedience...this is so crazy!!! Especially because a year from now I could be your neighbor in Utah after my detour in New England. More than ever I know that we were always meant to be friends! I'm thinking of you as I am on this ride with you just on a different boat ;)
The house across the street from me is for sale :) Dont' worry we don't bite, you will love it here!!
The first thing I thought when I read this was that your beloved Jessica A. is coming your way, "back east"...but you are headed west. Life is rich with irony, isn't it?
Good for you for listening to the Spirit. Change is hard but it is important to listen to the promptings that come...
I still can't believe you are leaving. But, *sigh*, if you feel good about it...I guess it's ok. I guess. Whatever. Your new friends in Utar better appreciate you as much as we do!!!! I miss you already.
You and your family are going to be so missed. We were thinking/hoping Caleb would be taking Dane's place at our home on Friday nights once Dane leaves for the Y. We will have to get together when we make our annual pilgrimage out there each year.
Thank heavens you have this blog. We'll all be looking for "Just A Moment" from you and your family in UT.
Post a Comment