Tuesday, April 12, 2011

How To: Keep the Air Flowin'


Maybe you already know this little trick.  Its quite simple but I think its handy so I thought I'd share...
 
 You know the dust, lint and hair that can sometimes build up on your hair dryer filter? On the end or side of your hair dryer?  Well, I use to try and pick it out with tweezers and it took forever and it never got all the way clean.  Getting frustrated with tweezers, I looked around in the bathroom junk drawer for something else and spotted an old toothbrush...worked like a charm!  Got every last dust/lint hair ball out and now my hair dryer works like new.  If your hair dryer is getting too hot when you use it, or its full of lint, its time to clean it out before you burn up the motor or worse-your hair!  This is my little How To Tuesday trick.  Your welcome!

8 comments:

Christie said...

Okay, that is pure genius. I always try and pick at it with tweezers and it NEVER works. Duh. So simple! I'm glad you discovered it. I never would have!

Cares and Mimi said...

Great idea!

Mommo said...

I was just looking at mine this morning and realizing it was so mucked up but didn't want to take the time to clean it out. Great tip. I think it will be clean tomorrow.

jessica said...

You are so smart! I did not even know this trick...thanks chica!

Suzanne said...

Awesome. I love these great little life changing tips! Thank you.

crystal said...

I use a damp q-tip and I have to admit, I get a weird little OCD thrill when I clean out the vent.

But now I'm going to use a toothbrush! Thanks!

Lauren in GA said...

What a great idea!! I have never thought of that. You have the brains and the looks, lady!

Shannon Gish said...

Such a great idea. I just have to remember to keep THAT toothbrush some place where I wouldn't mistake it in a hurried morning.

CREATE