Friday, January 28, 2011

Color Me...Better

For those of you who have never colored your own hair, here is a step by step tutorial.  I have been coloring my own hair for 20+ years.  I have had it colored professionally just once and I didn't like it-especially paying for it.  For $14.95 I can do it myself and get exactly what I want.  I'll be honest, it's taken me awhile to find what color and brand works for me-a few misses for sure but overall, I've been happy.  If you're nervous about doing it, just go for it! Try it-if you don't like it, sorry-it'll grow out.  Enjoy the show-make up free I might add-I must feel really comfortable with you my blogger friends!

11 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

it says it's a private video. and i wanted to watch it because just today i was like "my hair looks bad." i need some color.

Prof. Willard Winquind said...

Oh come on sis I can't see your crazy hair party?

Lauren in GA said...

I can't get the video to play...it says, "This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request."

Mark Fotheringham said...

Makeup, schmakeup. You're the bomb girl!

Although, those first few photos looked like they could be contenders in the Bedhead Gallery.

Lindsey said...

It looks so good! But I would never do it on brown hair! I wouldn't dare! :)

the wrath of khandrea said...

cracking up at the cyndi lauper knock off, which is great with your home-coloring knock off.

awesome.

the wrath of khandrea said...

your hair is getting so long, by the way! i love it. it turned out great.

jessica said...

Love that hair! This tutorial was awesome. I color my own hair too, but I am too scared to do highlights...maybe I will give it a try now.

Oh and that song...AWESOME! Aric heard it and asked who ripped off my song. If it's on your playlist it's on mine...so crazy!

Christie said...

I'm AMAZED at how good it looks. I would have pegged that as an expensive salon job. I'm scared to try it on myself. Will you just move here and be my new hair person? It looks awesome.

A-Kap said...

I am sure you posted this for my benefit. I am having some serious "horrid hair days" these days.... I can not WAIT to get to the hairdresser...one of these days..... I go between bottle and hair stylist for color. I've had very bad experiences with both. *sigh* If men only knew how hard it is to be a woman......

Lauren in GA said...

It looks GREAT! I love the music playing in the background. You made me laugh with some of the instructions...like reminding us to take the cap off. It really looks like a salon job. I also enjoyed the, "before pictues".

CREATE