Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The right direction

How long have I lived in my house? Really, how long? This September 4th it will be nine years. Nine years I tell you! How long have I had the dryer door on the wrong way? Eight years , 11 months and soo many days (not going to get technical). I have been living with the dryer door opening the wrong direction for a long time and I have known this but have done nothing about it. It has always irritated me but I have just put up with it because I didn't want to bother changing it. I don't know what got into me today. I don't know why I just couldn't put up with it any longer but today I finally changed the door. Its amazing what we'll put up with...for NINE years!!! Just look at the flow of things. Straight from the washer to the dryer. No door getting in my way and pissing me off. Ahhhh....I tell you this has changed my life-in more ways than one! Here's to your doors opening in the right direction!

 
Posted by Picasa


“The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.”
Flora Whittemore

“There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction”
Winston Churchill

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so something I would do, just leave it because you don't want to deal with it! So happy a simple thing has made such and impact!! :)

Pedaling said...

it's amazing the things we put up with for too long!

jessica said...

I just realized I never commented on your slideshow! The reason being...my girls sat here and watched it over and over again...I got distracted waiting for them to be done with it and then I never commented on how fun and amazing your trip was...

I'm glad you fixed your dryer door. You should feel very accomplished my friend.

A-Kap said...

Ummm...I think I need to do that TOMORROW. I dint think nuthin' 'bout it. Duh!! Thanks for the kick in the pants...the ones that will now be washed and easier to transfer to the dryer..... ;-)

the wrath of khandrea said...

what a great metaphor! if only all the change was as easy as busting out the screwdriver though.

Lauren in GA said...

I agree with Andrea...I love the metaphor!

I also love the quotes. Here's to having everything in life go more smoothly.

You could so use this for a talk or lesson in church.

Christie said...

I feel ya, sister. I just changed the battery in the remote control that opens my car. It has not worked for SO LONG and has been the bane of my existence. Now, a simple switch and my life is manageable. Why do we wait so long?

CREATE