Some aspects of my life have felt, shall we say, a bit unsteady as of late...
Not always sure what to reach up to or where my feet should go
At climbing club, the kids get docked points if they say, "I can't"
I think that happens in life too
I am being very careful where to step and how to proceed
I have hope and faith that I will get to a peaceful place.
I realize this is all a bit vague but I'm not one to be open in a public forum about private matters. I can tell you how grateful I am that Spring is here. This Winter has done a number on me...The Sun always makes me feel better though. I am trying to use the tools I have been taught & given (faith, scriptures, laughter, service etc.) to see and do the good in a bad situation. It's not always easy to "put your money where your mouth is". I'm optimistic; just a bit shaky from the tumbling rocks that have been in my path.


15 comments:
It is funny how with out knowing at all what you are going through I can totally relate. It seems life's up and downs can get to us all. I hope you find your way through and get feeling on top of the world!!!
First, sorry things have been shaky for you, Liz. You have a great attitude though and I know you will be ok.
Second, love those photos and wish wish wish there were a rock climbing club around here! I have some monkeys who would absolutely adore it.
Hang tight!
Sending all the positive energy and thoughts I have your way. Hope things get better really soon.
i agree with the first comment there. everyone can relate to this in one way or another. sometimes, the best you can do is hang on for dear life. and while you may wonder if the situation is even worth hanging on for, thank heavens we have the bigger picture that gives us something very real to hang on to.
glad to see you making it.
Your analogy was perfectly written. I am so sorry that you have been dealing with so much. It is an understatement to say that a lot has happened to your little family in the last couple of years.
I'm sorry it is so hard. You have a great attitude and are doing the right things. Faith, scriptures and laughter...thank you for your great example.
You've been on my mind lately. I was so happy to see this post from you. I love your climbing analogy. I was a climber in my younger days and just last night I was telling A how much I miss it.
I know what it feels like to hold on for dear life...emotionally, spirituallly and physically. It's during those times that you really learn how to live and what you are living for. I'm not sure if that came out right...C is on my lap and I am typing with one hand which is not that easy...
I love you Liz! You know how to reach me...xoxo
Great post. Hang tight girl. Love this version of Over the Rainbow.
I will always have your back.
Ditto Mike and thanks everyone for your words of encouragement-I love my little bloggie world.
Life is just like that sometimes, isn't it? Hanging by a thread, wondering how we'll survive. Then time passes, we look back, and see how much stronger we are for it. Hang in there, chica. Your time will come.
Great shots, Liz. And as I think about the metaphor you used in your pictures and text about climbing and life, just know - I will belay for you anytime! :)
So well said. Hang on, hang in. Let me know if a get together seems like a good idea...I'd love to listen and chat.
xo
I have felt these feelings all too often. I hope you find some peace soon.
I think we're on the same wave length. With faith brings hope for something better. I hope for that something better for both of us. Glad your back!
I have returned to this post so many freaking times with so many things I want to say...but I will finally just say that you are on my mind constantly and I wish there were something I could do...but I don't think there is. If there were, I would hope that you know I would drop everything and take you out for a treat, chat, whatever. This is such a brilliant post in capturing so clearly what you are going through. You are a very, very strong woman. You WILL get through this and be an even better mom, wife, sister, friend for it. Hang in there. You have LOTS of people pulling for you and thinking of you!
Post a Comment