Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Man, I love this kid!


The Birthday Boy


THE NEXT 007


Beach lover
Sweet baby
Solomon is one cool kid. He is so much fun to hang out with. Just yesterday we were in the car together and he said, "I really like talking to you mom". What mom doesn't love to hear that? He also asked me how you know you are pregnant from peeing on a stick...he keeps me on my toes! Solomon was born 7 years ago today. He was my biggest baby weighing in at 9lb 9oz. According to him (and secretly between the two of us) he was the cutest baby. He has given us a few scares and I'm sure he'll give us many more. He had seizures as a baby that eventually went away on their own, he got his hand caught under the treadmill, and he is the only one of my kids (so far) that has broken a bone-he broke his leg when he was three. These days, you will usually find Solomon amid a pile of Lego's. He can sit for hours and build all sorts of fantastic things. He says when he grows up he wants to be three things-a scientist that studies lizards, an architect, and a SWAT guy. He is not sure yet if he wants to be married but I told him I want grand babies so he has to get married-he's mulling it over. Solomon is very spiritual but he hates church-we're working on that one too. He says he wants to have a motorcycle and tattoos. We told him he can but he has to be married and ask his wife if it's ok. Solomon works hard, plays even harder, loves fully, and cries when it really hurts. About 2 minutes after Hannah was born, I announced to Matthew that I wanted another one. I knew Solomon was suppose to be in our family-he even paid me a little visit before he was born. I'm a lucky mom. Happy Birthday Sulley!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Solomon!! Way to keep your mom on her toes :)

Christie said...

Ah, what handsome boys (both 007s). YUM.

Happy birthday to the little Bond!

katie g. said...

WE LOVE YOU SULLY!!!!! Come back and see us soon! Dewie misses you

the wrath of khandrea said...

love the gratuitous chest shot under the guise of "birthday wishes".

happy bday little man!!

A-Kap said...

Oh wow. Those two pics of the 007 dudes are hilarious -- well done my friend. He will be the perfect 007 some day (and you can tell your hubby that I thought for a quick sec that it was him in the black mankini). I love that boy too. I can definitely understand why you love hanging around him.

Prof. Willard Winquind said...

Happy Birthday Soloman, you are just who I want to be when I grow up. Can't wait to see you all again. You grow up so fast. Love Uncle Mike

diane said...

This guy has big plans. I love that he wants to be a crime fighting rebel who designs buildings. He is multi-faceted.

Lauren in GA said...

What a fantastic young man you have there. I got chills when I read how he paid you a visit before his birth.

I love that he loves to talk to you. That is such a wonderful thing.

Linsey said...

What a cutie pie! Happy birthday!!

Lauren in GA said...

Oh, and don't tell Stie...but I think your 007 is cuter than her boyfriend ;)

jessica said...

That is one delicious boy! Seriously he is so precious! I love his name too. I am so into little boys these days. Now that I have one of my own it's like I'm seeing the world with different eyes...

I your pic of the week.

Jake said...

I consider him a personal friend...since he missed school to come hang out with us and everything!

Happy birthday, Solomon!

jessica said...

Okay Aric is dying because you have Embrace on your playlist and I am dying because you have Guster. We heart you!

Lizzy Fotheringham said...

How did he get that old, gah

CREATE