Well, summer is in full swing and I'm strikin' out! Last night I told my husband that I was going to stay up late because I DON'T HAVE TO GET UP AT 6:45am! YEAH! So, I think I went overboard. I stayed up and watched mindless television until 3AM! What? Am I insane? I didn't realize how late it was and man, late night tv really draws you in. Let's see, I watched Vacation (Chevy Chase cracks me up), the reunion episode of Top Chef that I forgot to watch, a documentary on Hip Hop wives on the E channel (very interesting), and Iron Chef (love cooking shows). Now I'm sitting here at my computer eating Doritos (for shame!), I haven't showered, my kids are very quiet all of the sudden and I think I heard whispers of candy. I hope Matthew doesn't read this but I know he will and he'll decide to "work late" tonight. He doesn't enjoy coming home to chaos but I told him that's what summer is and at least it only lasts two months. The last day of school I made a summer calender. This will hopefully keep the kids from harassing me about "what can we do?" and "I'm bored". Here's the plan...
Monday: library and beach night
Tuesday: playgroup
Wednesday: friend day (they can have friends over all day)
Thursday: fun at home day (we'll do crazy fun stuff at home)
Friday:beach day
This is very open because already today we've had friends over and have not been to the library but hey, at least it gives an idea of what we can do.
I love summer in general but one thing I really love...I get to read...a lot! I just finished Bella at Midnight recommended by Gab. It was a very light, fun read and one that I'll probably read to Hannah. Here's to an early night and a clean house tomorrow!!!
P.S. I get to see Andrea, Britt, and Annie tomorrow! HOME RUN!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
I know exactly how you feel.
Somehow lazy summer moms turn into houses with cookie crumbs in every room.
Glad you liked the book and am jealous of your fun East Coast blog party. Couldn't you drive south for 5 or 6 hours and hang at my house?!!
What a plan! It sounds great.. I will have some kind of plan.. as soon as my house is unpacked.. OH, and the other use for cocnut syrup is PINA COLADAS! (Get your mind out of the stinkin gutter) :)
I wish I could stay up late!!! Between gymnastics for my daughter that starts way to freaking early in the morning and trying to get up and run before it is 100 degrees I never sleep past 6:45. I am so jealous of you!!
I take umbrage! You know that chaos became an acceptable part of my life when I met you. In addition, you sell yourself short in your post; you failed to mention that you shaved your legs this afternoon, which is a true summer turn on. Viva la vida!
I should have been in late-night training so I could hang with you. Although I had insomnia last night and woke up at 2 for an hour. Does that count?
See you soon!
ah, summer. good times, good times. especially the doritos part.
SEE YOU TOMORROW!!
Aric had a campout with the 11 year old scouts last Friday and I found myself staying up til the wee hours of the morning watching old So You Think You Can Dance episodes even though I had already watched them and the countdown on VH1 that for some reason starts at like 11:30pm and at a weak moment I'll get sucked into HSN.
I love your new template and header!!
I know what you mean...I should have been in bed a long time ago but, I am up reading blogs and loving having some alone time :)
Hmmmmm, I wish I had some Doritos...
I love that picture of you in the last post with your cowgirl hat on :D
your husband cracks me up. shaved legs. is it bad that we get to the point where they actually notice when we do it???
Have fun with your blogging buddies! 3am?? You are livin' it up!
Hey, I was up late, too...though I only stayed up until 2 am. I was watching last week's So You Think You Can Dance and NOT cleaning out my office...which pretty much has to happen in the next 48 hours so that the contractor can work in there. I managed to keep my snacking to a handful of bran cereal. Doesn't quite have the same ring as late-night doritos, does it?
I love the summer schedule. You are so smart.
love the banner! rent "Steel Magnolias" and you'll hear Julia Roberts quote your "anonymous" quote.
Squandering time is so decadent. Movies like "Vacation" are bad because you say "I'll only watch to where they go to Cousin Eddie's", then "I'll only watch until the great aunt dies" and before you know it, they family is at Wally World and it's 2AM.
Then you start to rationalize "Well, I don't really need to be rested tomorrow. I can take a nap later. Ooo... European Vacation is on next!"
Post a Comment