
If only...
mom wasn't around...
there was no school...
there was no work...
we didn't need to eat to live...
I could pee in a bottle...
I have to admit its a cute game but Holy Yoda TAKE A BREAK once in a while! My boys are obsessed and not just the young ones. I finally had to cut off the youngest because he was giving me grief for turning it off after hours of play. I really don't mind video games in general but lately its been a little much. May the force be shut off...

7 comments:
you are funny! if only we could pee in a bottle...
you can actually buy a device to put on your console that requires a debit card to be swiped in order to play. you put time on the debit card just like you would money. when they spend all their time, the console locks until you refill their card. i saw it in a magazine a couple years ago and thought it was genius.
my kids just get the "two hours of screentime a day" limit. when the time is up, it goes off, or the games go away one day for every minute they go over.
if all else fails, throw a couple of empty sprite bottles in there and wish them well.
A few thoughts...
It may be addictive like drugs, but it ain't drugs!
It may cause numbness of the hands like booze, but it ain't booze!
It may be time spent on the couch, but at least it's time spent on the family couch!
Speaking of the couch, as they get older, you'll be grateful they are on the couch with family and friends, instead of on the couch alone with a girlfriend!
While there are other things that they (we) could be doing, there are also OTHER things they (we) could be doing.
Be grateful that they (we) are having fun together, and stay mindful of the fact that they (we) are all active readers, writers, and students/business owners, etc.
With that being said, I see your point, and will keep it in mind, even as I buy a new game (Burnout Paradise) tomorrow night with the big boys.
And now that I've shared, I'm off to drain that Diet Coke bottle for use this weekend. Andrea, please keep your thoughts regarding locks on game consoles to yourself in future! ;)
Hissss, Rearrrr!
Catfight? Why yes, I suppose that would make a great Xbox game...
mateo
in spite of my anal nature and control issues, i will concede you have some noteworthy points.
now go unglaze your eyes and wipe the drool off your chin. oh, wait, you can't bc your hands are numb. :O)
i think if you officially label it your "hobby" you are allowed to devote hours to it. like women and scrapbooking. good luck
calibosmom... can i add you to my sidebar link? if so, what name do you want me to use?
I quess I should introduce myself...I am Liz and yes I would be honored to be a link!
Andrea, I like your sense of humor. I must do, to be found posting a third comment on a-how do you say...BLOG!
Post a Comment