"The unfortunate aspect about living life without your own goals is that you may very well reach a point in your life where you will wonder, 'what would have happened if I had only done..." Catherine Pulsifer
"The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don't define them, or ever seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do along the way, and who will be sharing the adventure with them."
Denis Watley
These are a couple of quotes I found to help me acheive some goals I have really been pondering. I realize it is well into January but I really have thought about what I want to accomplish this year-to help me become the person I know I am.
1. Letting go... I want to let go and just breath. I don't want to be in control of every situation. If I'm involved with something that affects the direction of my life or the lives of the people around me then I will think before I act and act accordingly. I will forgive and let go.
2. Sincere...I will pray with sincerity. I was going to write down pray everyday but I changed my mind. There are days when I don't pray and I'm not going to feel guilty about that. I would rather talk to God with sincere words then every day ramblings.
3. Present...I will be fully present when my husband, children, and others are talking to me. I have a tendency to be in my own little world when others are speaking to me. I want to stop what I'm doing (if its not really important), and give my full attention to others when they are talking to me.
4. Learn...I want to learn new things. I want to take a class, learn a new skill, build on an existing talent. I just don't want to be dormant anymore-I want to grow and become.
5. Fill...I want to fill my mind, body and spirit with good things. Yesterday I cleaned out the kitchen cupboards-I got rid of nasty gross food. I think I threw away 4 bags of half consumed marshmallows. I will exercise my mind, body, and or spirit every single day. I want to fill my mind with beautiful things and fill my spirit with goodness.
6.Follow...I will follow through by listening to my conscience. My conscience is always telling me what to do and I rarely listen and follow through. I'm not sure why...pride, fear, lazy...whatever the reason-I want to change that and consciencely follow through.
I turned 35 last week-I have an amazingly blessed life-I want to live with intention and purpose. I want to live and act in a way that shows how blessed I am.

2 comments:
now that is some motivation! i like your goals (not that it matters what i think about your goals) but i like them because they are so introspective. and those kind of goals, when worked on, tend to help all the other discrepancies and short-comings fall into their proper places. i'll be 35 too in march... maybe it's our little aging process that refines us a bit and helps us clarify where we want to go. i guess we're at "focal points"... and in about ten more years, we'll be at "bifocals."
I like this. I have been feeling similarly.
welcome home! happy birthday! let's celebrate!
Post a Comment